Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » lowering spings Need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: lowering spings Need help
gt4me321
¯
Member # 3098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt4me321  Ford pictures for gt4me321    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi I have a 94 gt and this car sits a little to high for my taste I would like to drop it a little. but I don't want to get a spring that will be to stiff. I use this car as a daily driver with alot of freeway driving. Can someone recomend a spring with a stock ride feel but will lower my car. Does anyone know if the progressive spings have a softer ride??
Thanks

AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://reviews.stangnet.com/Suspension/

Hope that helps

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think any aftermarket spring will be a little stiffer than stock but progressive rate will definately give you a softer ride than linear rate springs. a friend of mine put on those Jamex springs and they were pretty soft but i dont know if that company is still around. thats all i got for ya.
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It depends on how low you wana go????
Eibach are great and lower about 2-2.25"
If you wana go real low Intrax are a bit stiffer and will drop around 2-2.5"
There are a lot of springs out there MAC, Steeda, Saleen etc.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy just put Eibach ProKit springs on his '03 GT and kept the stock struts/shocks. The ride is nearly stock. It's not rough at all. Just a little firmer through the corners and not as bouncy over dips. It's how it should ride from the factory. They actually did not lower the car as much as he wanted so he ended up cutting about 3/4 of a coil off the front springs.

If you have the original struts and shocks you are probably going to need to replace those to get the full benefit. The ride may be a bit rough with the stock worn out struts/shocks. His were brand new so it worked out very well.

Sean.

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
gt4me321
¯
Member # 3098

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for gt4me321  Ford pictures for gt4me321    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks For all your help. I think I will go with the motorsport spring B
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my Eibach Pro-Kit......They are not the best cornering spring cuase they are a little soft, but it rides great and sits perfectly...

[ July 29, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com