Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best and fastest route to sac..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best and fastest route to sac..
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've only been there once. and i tried to get directions from yahoo and different online map site..Im coming from milpitas so.. one map says.. 680n to 580 East onto 205 east to stocken then I-5 north to I-80east to us-50 east on to watt then jackson then on to excelsior..?? another one says 680N to I-580 east to 205 East to I-5 then on to ca-4 east to 99 on to grant line road to east stocken blvd to sheldon rd then excelsior... anyone out there have any faster or easier routes, maybe? Thank you much..

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with the first directions you posted,"680n to 580 East onto 205 east to stocken then I-5 north to I-80east to us-50 east on to watt then jackson then on to excelsior..?? "

--------------------
Support our troops!

67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The first is probly the most direct and fastest route. I-5 moves faster than 99 and to take 99 to grant line is a more stright line drive it has alot more stops take the I-5 route

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

FMOS Racing
¯
Member # 306

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FMOS Racing  Ford pictures for FMOS Racing  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take the "99" route from Livermore. I've never had any problems on 99 on Saturdays, though I don't think I'd take it up on a Wednesday.

--------------------
Later!
Jeff
'95 Lightning - 11s
'93 Lightning - 10s
'93 Probe GT - 14s
'03 IS300 - 15.0s

Posts: 32 | From: East Bay, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your coming from Milpitas to Sac Raceway....

I used to take 680 to Livermore 84 which would then take me to 580 East. From there, you'll be heading towards Tracy (205) and hit I-5 North. When you get to Stockton, take The Crosstwon Freeway (CA-4) East to Hwy.99 North, and exit off of Grant Line Road. Go East on G.L. until you hit Excelsior and make a left.

Coming from S.J. or Milpitas on Monday - Friday, try and stay away from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Commuter traffic is really bad especially around the Altamont and through Tracy.

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by outlawd94cobra:
If your coming from Milpitas to Sac Raceway....

I used to take 680 to Livermore 84 which would then take me to 580 East. From there, you'll be heading towards Tracy (205) and hit I-5 North. When you get to Stockton, take The Crosstwon Freeway (CA-4) East to Hwy.99 North, and exit off of Grant Line Road. Go East on G.L. until you hit Excelsior and make a left.

Coming from S.J. or Milpitas on Monday - Friday, try and stay away from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Commuter traffic is really bad especially around the Altamont and through Tracy.

what he said [patriot]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea it will be on saturday for the grudge fest.. so just making sure cuz i dont want to get lost.. im kinda bad with directions..

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com