Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 1991 LX turn signal flasher HELP!!!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1991 LX turn signal flasher HELP!!!!!!!
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so last night i finished my driver side complete L.E.D. conversion, (tail lights, brake lights, and turn signal) i figured out all the wiring, and i hit the hazards, they all flash, then i put on the left turn signal, and it just stays lit... i am figuring that it is because the turn signal flasher is seeing no resistance on the rear turn signal, so i need to find out where the turn signal flasher is located.... a buddy of mine told me it was behind the passenger side dashboard?? [Confused] also does anyone know if an electronic flasher will solve this problem??

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuse box if I remember right.
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
fuse box if I remember right.

then where would the hazard relay be located at?? also is a electronic flasher going to solve the problem with incorrect resistance values??

--------------------

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is why I keep my shit "as-is". No changing or redecorating, no conversion of any sort. Just put everything back as it was and get your money back. It'll save you a lot of frustration.

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

quote:
Originally posted by VenGeance:
This is why I keep my shit "as-is". No changing or redecorating, no conversion of any sort. Just put everything back as it was and get your money back. It'll save you a lot of frustration.

well that is what makes my car different than yours.. [patriot]

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rob the fuse box

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey rob usually that flasher is not really mounted ive always seen it just dangling just get on your back under the dash (driver side) and look up you can't miss it. If you cant find it swing it by tomarrow night i'll find in a minute no prob. Off the subject but hey albert if your reading this hopefully your cars running soon im going dynoing this week get ready for some big # 385RWHP [Big Grin] J/k later Shaun

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On my 90 LX the hazard flasher is behind the center console right behind the radio and heater controls. I just had to replace it.
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

thanks guys, i guess ill just urn on the passenger side blinker and listen for it and go from there. Thanks Shaun if i cant find it, then ill give you a call....you are alot smaller than me....(so you would fit under the dash easier) [Big Grin]

--------------------

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

so here is the deal...........

hazard flasher is in the fuse box....

the turn signal flasher was on the passenger side of the console where it meets the dash, in a nice little bracket that holds the stock flasher...

i picked up a electronic flasher from kragen on my lunch break, and that has fixed my problem with the l.e.d.'s not flashing....they now flash.. [Big Grin] so now i will build the passenger side l.e.d. boards and see if i will have to buy another flasher for the hazards or what. hopefully not....

oh yeah the electronic flasher says it lasts 10 times longer than stock ones.... being that my stock one lasted over 14 years.... this one will last what 140 years?? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com