Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94 GT has BIG electrical problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94 GT has BIG electrical problems
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone in the Sacramento area who is good with electrical? My car just had the front end re-clipped (basically) and now the car acts as tho the ingition is always on (when the key is OUT) (check engine light & ABS is on and fuel pump is cycling), then when you put the key in and try to turn it over the wipers surge (otherwise if you try to turn them on they don't work) and the car flat out won't start - just turns over for days.

We checked the grounds, they look good. Took apart the colum because the guy working on it had that apart and was welding under there for some reason and everything seems to be plugged in the right way.

Anyone think they can help me out or recomend a good shop?? Thanks

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In downtown sac theres LEHR auto elect not sure if ur lookin for a shop or someone to come out but hope it helps good luck wireing sucks

[ July 24, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Blue Oval ]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am a ford master tech and specialize in electrical problems. Have you made any mods to the wiring or is it the stock harness. Are there any add-ons to the system tach,fans ect. If it has not been chopped to much I maybe able to help you out. Where in sac are you I work at suburban ford

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you mean re-clipped? It sounds like a lot of your problems are related to what's inside the CCRM, a big ass relay box mounted on your radiator overflow tank bracket. maybe you should check the pins on the connector there? Or borrow one to swap with yours - could be internal damage if Im right.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com