Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ventilation system problems: stuck on de-frost?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ventilation system problems: stuck on de-frost?
89saleen
¯
Member # 3083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89saleen  Ford pictures for 89saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im a heck of a good wrench- but what the hell is the deal with the climate controll selector switch not functioning? Im stuck on defrost mode. The A/C compressor comes on cold when you select it, but it still blows out the windshield vent. Select to max A/C- still blows out windshield. (should blow out dash panel vents) I checked the climate controlls, and in back of it, but everything looks intact- Anyone know how to test this? I know that there is vacuum involved with those little tubes, but anyone know the basics on fixin?

Thanks

--------------------
Its over Johnny-

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Help anybody??? Mine does the same on occasion
67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For safty reasons your system will default to the defrosters when the system looses vacuum. First place to check is the vacuum lines under the hood ( the ones that go into the firewall ) Alot of times they will get hard and brake in half. If this all checks ok then check the vacuum lines under the dash If I remember it is the yellow line you want to check I could be wrong on the color. 9 out of 10 times it will be under the hood on the back side of the motor check it out first.

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
67fastback- thanks for the help, I found my problem a cracked line. The line cracked near the heater core hoses, although my line was black. I did a temp. fix job of duct tape. At least it works, and ordered a new line from ford.
67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
67fastback- thanks for the help, I found my problem a cracked line. The line cracked near the heater core hoses, although my line was black. I did a temp. fix job of duct tape. At least it works, and ordered a new line from ford.

You can also use a small section of rubber vacuum hose to splice together the broken section. This works very well and will be much easier than replacing the complete hose assembly. As for the yellow vac hose it is located under the dash not in the engine compartment. Ford color coats the under dash vac lines for diag reasons.

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com