Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I need to know a size of a bolt...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I need to know a size of a bolt...
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to know the size of the bolt that attaches the water pump pulley to the water pump. I need all four of those bolts but don't have a clue to what size they are.

Please Help
Jared

--------------------
Support our troops!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone take one of there bolts out and tell me the head size and how long the bolt is? [Confused]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, my threads are so tweaked from getting pulled in and out, I'm not touching mine. Going from memory, its a 11mm head and its a metric thread for sure. Why not just pull out one of yours ?
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I need the size and length of the stock bolts. The ones I have are a lot longer because I have the 18" flex-a-lite fan w/spacer on there.

I need the stock bolt size and length bolts so I can put them on to hold the stock wp pully on the water pump. I am installing the Black Magic elec. fan and need these before I start.

Jared

--------------------
Support our troops!

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GO TO THE JUNK YARD!!!!!!!!!!!! [Cool]
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Smile] [patriot]
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

I don't know of any.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The bolt u have now should be the same size as the stock ones, if they fit just get shorter ones like 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 in long should be perfect.
-Josh

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The stock ones are 1" or 3/4" If you have some extra long ones on there, I don't see why they won't work with the stock setup. There is nothing behind the pulley for them to scrape on.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

I can't use these ones because for one they arn't threaded all the way to the head and two I want to give all four of these long bolts to who ever I sell this fan too so they dont have to look for hard ware.

Ok so I just pulled the fan back off. The spacer is exactly 2". The four bolts I have measure in at almost 3". So is it safe to say that if I just subtract the 2" spacer from the 3" bolt that would leave me a 1" stock size water pump pully bolts [Confused] I think Sawson was correct about the 3/4 or 1" guesstimate.

--------------------
Support our troops!

67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damm wake up! get new bolts same thread size but shorter and that are threaded all the way to the head. If your that dumb maybe you should be walking and not driving.

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ok so I went with 1" long bolts with 5/16 thread and 1/2" head and they worked great! Thanks everyone for your help! [burnout]

[ July 19, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by 67aquafastback:
Damm wake up! get new bolts same thread size but shorter and that are threaded all the way to the head. If your that dumb maybe you should be walking and not driving.

Maybe if your this much of a dick you should be sucking some [Confused]

--------------------
Support our troops!

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:
Originally posted by 67aquafastback:

Maybe if your this much of a dick you should be sucking some [Confused]
HAHAHAHAH LMFAO... [patriot]

Hey now...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO!!

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol its the truth

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com