Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what do you think?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you think?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just dropped the front of my stang w/ 17" bullitts all around and i love the way it looks and handles (a lot less body roll entering corners) but i would like to eat up some of the gap in the back and was debating on a higher profile tire in the back vs. putting 18 x 9" bullitts out back w/ 275/40's.....i'm not sure if i can even find a 50 series tire for the rear and would it handle shitty that way? Thank in advance!
[Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lower it to reduce the gap don't put a bigger series tire.

--------------------
Support our troops!

67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang12s  Ford pictures for 67stang12s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what size tires you have in the back now?
i think u should go with a bigger series maybe not 50s but 45s and some width to go with it 255 and up
it all depends what the future is for your car like if your gonna through slicks, drag racing, auto x, everyday car etc

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIX02GT:
i just dropped the front of my stang w/ 17" bullitts all around and i love the way it looks and handles (a lot less body roll entering corners) but i would like to eat up some of the gap in the back and was debating on a higher profile tire in the back vs. putting 18 x 9" bullitts out back w/ 275/40's.....i'm not sure if i can even find a 50 series tire for the rear and would it handle shitty that way? Thank in advance!
[Big Grin] [patriot]

If you have not already done so remove your rubber spring isolators from the bottom of the rear springs and lower contol arms. Give you about an 8th of an inch more.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry 245/45 zr stock rubber on back...oh yeah and the car mainly sees street duty but also ocassional track time...and 1/16 mi. commute to work [Razz]

[ July 18, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: TRIX02GT ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com