Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any Ideas???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Ideas???
wikdstang
¯
Member # 357

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wikdstang  Ford pictures for wikdstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im trying to buy a '67 fastback off a guy but i need to know what to offer him. The car is missing engine, tranny, windows, front fenders, and hood, also the interior needs to be redone. All this really doesnt matter cause i plan in turning it into an eleanor clone. Any ideas on what its worth in this condition. The body has some rust on it but nothing major floor boards are not rusted. Its bascially a project car.

--------------------
2000 GT
Eibach Sportlines,Steeda Caster/Camber plates,Steeda Tri-ax,BBK underdrive pullies,Mac Pro Chamber,JBA Shorty Headers, 2 Chamber flowmasters, K&N,Bilstein shocks and struts,Cobra brakes with cross drilled rotors,Cobra front Fascia and 2000 Cobra R Hood, Rims, And Wing

Posts: 28 | From: san diego, ca, us | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wikdstang:
Im trying to buy a '67 fastback off a guy but i need to know what to offer him. The car is missing engine, tranny, windows, front fenders, and hood, also the interior needs to be redone. All this really doesnt matter cause i plan in turning it into an eleanor clone. Any ideas on what its worth in this condition. The body has some rust on it but nothing major floor boards are not rusted. Its bascially a project car.

I have been finding them around 1500-3500 really depending on floor boards, quarter panels and body damage. I am waiting to get mine.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
mike g
¯
Member # 2919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g  Ford pictures for mike g    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they sell for more then i would like to pay for them =P

i usually see them going for 1500-2k around that area...personally i think around 750 would be a more resonable price, but no one else thinks so hhehe

mike

--------------------
FOUR EYED PRIDE!!!!!!

67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 67fastback is valued at 20,000.00 You will pay for what you get. Seeing that it is a basket case no motor or trans and needs interior and body work 1,500 might be a fair price maybe even too high. Is the wiring there, lights, radiator drive shaft ect. All these will add up when building the car. Is it a auto car or a factory 4 speeed does it have disc brakes what about the rear end is is a 8.8 or a nine inch. these will add to the cost or will bring down the cost if missing or not options. What really matters is how much are you willing to pay and what condition of a car are you willing to buy. Do not for get to include your cost to build the car you want in the end and how much it will take to get this car in that condition. A project car can end up costing a ton of money and time. Some times it is better to buy one in good condition and have a solid foundation to start with. A non running car always has problems that can not be found when you are not able to drive it. A running car you can test the brakes and suspension as well as the electrical along with many other items. Spend your money in a way that will best meet your needs.

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com