Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » N2O on S/C car Q

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: N2O on S/C car Q
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinking of adding a nice cool shot of nitrous to my cobra to help reduce the intake charge temp without the added cost of an aftercooler.
does anyone here have any experience with nitrous and boost?
I'm thinking of adding a 50 - 75 shot wet system, but am concerned that the boosted pressure in the intake tract might have an adverse effect on fuel delivery neccesitating a larger fuel jet than would be typically used for the same effective mixture under 'normal' conditions.

I'm looking for another 100+ HP and several bucketloads of torque
[Big Grin]

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with water injection. Its posted on another board. I PM'd you the link.

[ July 13, 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Blown GR40 Mystic ]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^^^^^^^
looking for 100 - 150 HP, water ain't gonna do it. i either have to spin the blower faster or add giggle juice, and since i have giggle juice, 2 tanks, all the plumbing and solenoids...purge kit...i figured i'd use what i already have to make this car SCREAM.

--------------------
98 Cobra

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I can say is tune, tune, tune
Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
All I can say is tune, tune, tune

[patriot] Especially with a blower AND nitrous.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KA--------------------------------BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know of a few guys who have done that back in the day, their motors didn't last long, its all about getting the tune just right.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
[Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you wanna keep it safe, I would invest in an intercooler and a NX Nter-cooler system. I can get them for you cheap, it uses N20 or C02 to basically freeze the intercooler, gains upwards of 50+ rwhp have been documented on hot days! [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot what he posts as here, but check out the black '03 Cobra in the PSCA pictures posted in the drag racing section. Apex Motorsports installed a nitrous kit ontop of that blown '03 motor. It made 475 rwhp on the motor+blower and 550 rwhp with a 100 shot if I remember right.
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N2O with a blower is awsome. You just have to realize that with an added amount of nitrous, say 50hp, you will net more then that. THe nitrous you injest will cool the intake charge, making more hp, and also add more Oxygen to the mix via the n2o. Run a wet kit, and tune it exactly the way you would a normally aspirated kit. The blower really helps to atomize and keep the stuff mixed up. You just have to make sure your parts can handle the extra hp/torque. N2O makes tons of torque, especially when added with boost. If you have any questions, feel free to call me. I have experience with n2o on Vortech supercharged, and 10:71 blown/injected motors. Been there done that, and havent blown anything up!

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he doesnt post here anymore, but COBRyan had a shot on his 03 cobra and its still running strong. i think he had one of the smallest pullies on there too.
the only thing he has problems with is that shitty IRS [Wink]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Rob, here is the guy with the nitroused and blown '03 Cobra:

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00002262

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

SHM quotes all HP/TQ figures from Rear-wheel measurements. figuring an 18% drivetrain loss puts me at 508 flywheel hp as i remember...

so, with 575 rwhp, that should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 620 flywheel hp...

i don't expect they will replace anything.

let's just say i feel pretty comfortable running their hardware to the limit especially with guys running stock internals above that point. it's all about tuning.

i expect to see another 100 - 150 rwhp with a 50 - 75 shot of juice.

what is the best place to locate the nitrous/fuel injection?

--------------------
98 Cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com