Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need T-5, Parts List for Installation?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need T-5, Parts List for Installation?
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry if I'm asking a n00b question, but my '88 roller Notch needs a tranny.
On the tranny, what parts do I need to complete the assembly? So far I have this list:

T-5
Tranny Mounts
Double Hump Cross. (It's a V8 though.)
28 oz Flywheel for 302s
T-5 Bellhousing
Clutch Fork
Clutch Cable
Clutch Plate
Drive Shaft to 8.8

It was previously a manual, so I have the pedals. I feel like I'm missing something however, thanks for the advice in advance.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50 oz. for an '88.

Check out www.fordmuscle.com , the tech section under transmsission.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are a bunch of little stuff like the clip that holds the clutch cable to the bell housing, the "dust cover" for the clutch fork, ect
Saint
¯
Member # 2746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint  Ford pictures for Saint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
throw out bearing and piolet bearing. i would get a new rear main seal too
MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you still have the clutch quadrant, might be a good time to go to an aftermarket since you are putting in a cable anways.

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got my website back up so you can click on the link in my sig and follow the link at the bottom of the page for the T5 swap parts list. That should about cover it.

Sean.

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sean90GT:
I just got my website back up so you can click on the link in my sig and follow the link at the bottom of the page for the T5 swap parts list. That should about cover it.

Sean.

Very Helpful. Thanks for the complete list. [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com