Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » shop to install O/R Xpipe ???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: shop to install O/R Xpipe ???
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as the title says ?...someone knows a shop that can install an O/R xpipe on my 98Gt...i'm assuming a lot of shops don't do it because of emissions control laws or whateva...
my setup is gonna be : long tubes (BBK or jet hot) + o/r xpipe (bassani) + catback system (bassani)

thanks fellas...

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you got a basic socket set, couple extensions, jack, and jackstands you can do it yourself.

Any legit business will not do it because of emissions.

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The fine for a shop installing illegal exhaust is hefty.
You'll have to find someone to do it on the side, or do it yourself.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will my car pass emissions with O/R mid pipe and catbacks or do i really need those cats on the mid pipe ?

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll need cats to pass smog.
But...no need to get them on that pipe if you have longtubes. Longtubes will fail the visual anyway.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Technically pretty much any aftermarket X or H pipe will fail if noticed on the visual. The reason is that there is NO CARB approved replacement cat for the stock set up. According to CARB, the cats are stock or it is illegal.

In your case even if you pass the visual, which you won't because the first thing they do is look under the car to see if it has cats, you will fail the snif test if you don't have cats.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

i c...thanks for educating me..so how do u guys do to pass the emission ?..i c a lot of fox body owners having o/r pipe/ LTs...

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just swap the pipe back out for stock ones come smog time.
If you are planning on doing this, I really suggest you do it yourself so you don't have to search for someone to do it every 2 years..

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just do it your self. get used to working on your car cause youll need all the practice when those longtubes are here [Wink]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats up man let me know if you need help with that install i have done many. nothings free in life with all these bills but it sure in hell beats shop prices. hit me up. Thanks, Shaun [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com