Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » H-pipe/ X-pipe..????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: H-pipe/ X-pipe..????
Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my set up was o/r x w/spintech pro streets. sounded good but under load in the upper rpm range the muffles made a fluttering type sound....almost like what a glass pack sounds like... so i switched to flows and it still makes the sound... so do you think i should try an o/r H or do i need to switch to a set up w/ hi flow cats?? [Confused] [patriot]

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it a raspy sound and/or a popping almost like backfire sound? If so that's common when you run off road pipes, h or x. It's caused by low or no back pressure.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Red95PonyGirl
¯
Member # 3027

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red95PonyGirl  Ford pictures for Red95PonyGirl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, you're definately going to keep getting that sound with the off-road pipes. my best friend did the same thing that you're doing now because he thought there was something wrong with his car. but sure enough, that's just the sound ANY off the off-road pipes are going to give you. Do you have 1 chamber or 2??

--------------------
http://photos.yahoo.com/red95ponygirl

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just went off road and I get that sound as well..... [patriot]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but the H does sound different then the X. I had a bassani o/r X, now i have a BBK, o/r H. imo the H sounds better, i also have flows. The H pipe gives a deeper sound, and a lot less raspy then the x.
Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red95PonyGirl:
Yeah, you're definately going to keep getting that sound with the off-road pipes. my best friend did the same thing that you're doing now because he thought there was something wrong with his car. but sure enough, that's just the sound ANY off the off-road pipes are going to give you. Do you have 1 chamber or 2??

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

quote:
Originally posted by 209LxCoupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Red95PonyGirl:

I have 1 chambers now because they were comparable to the spintechs...

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com