Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car problem

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car problem
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car is acting up again... When u push on the gas it changes sound and stutters. Sounds sort of hollow, cant really explain, but the power def. isnt there. It idels very rough and shakes, the power gauge bounces. I decided to check the spark plugs. 5 of them are ok. but 3 of them arent. the seem to have some kind of liquid on them.... 1 is white (firing hot or lean right?) and they seem to have rust on them... [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] . This is really weird.. how could this have happened. I didnt drive my car for a few days, then i go to drive it and its fucked up... im pretty pissed off! Thnx in advance for the help.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check the hoses from the airfilter back to the MAF and beyond. Sounds like what happened to us when we blew the throttle hose to shreds at the track.

[ June 24, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont understand... What exactly do you mean> Thanks.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the air intake hoses that connects to your air filter and Mass Air Meter and then goes to your throttle check to see if one popped off. Sounds like your car is running really rich. Does black smoke come out of the exhaust when you rev it?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont have those... [Confused] Maybe your thinking of a 5.0? or maybe a dohc or somethin?
MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The white plug is running lean.. might be an injector problem on that one..
Did you make any changes to the car anytime before this started?

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

quote:
Originally posted by MoostangGT:
The white plug is running lean.. might be an injector problem on that one..
Did you make any changes to the car anytime before this started?

nope thats the thing... it was running fine, didnt drive for 2 days, then went to drive it and now its like this.... but now that i think about it i think it started doin it a while ago. like if i floor it it would stutter for a sec, but then go... now it does it all the time... weird...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by ELdiablo97:
i dont have those... [Confused] Maybe your thinking of a 5.0? or maybe a dohc or somethin?

i don't see how you can't have them if your fuel injected.
The routing for the air to go into your throttle that big black hose check it to see if it came loose or something.

[ June 24, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

there are 2 tubes comming off the intake. one is the valve cover breather, the other goes behind the tb and thats where the engine idles through...
MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
nope thats the thing... it was running fine, didnt drive for 2 days, then went to drive it and now its like this.... but now that i think about it i think it started doin it a while ago. like if i floor it it would stutter for a sec, but then go... now it does it all the time... weird...

Ok so what was the last mod you did to your car? Normally when I see these strange problem (especially sudden change in idle) it is because of a vacuum leak, either caused by a parts swap or a hose came off.

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

quote:
Originally posted by MoostangGT:
quote:

Ok so what was the last mod you did to your car? Normally when I see these strange problem (especially sudden change in idle) it is because of a vacuum leak, either caused by a parts swap or a hose came off.
none, just started it. There was like shit on the spark plugs, can anyone explain that? I just replaced them, it was idling fine, so i took it out for a drive, then it started doing it again, i think i might just take it to ford to have them check it out, but since my car is modded im worried that they might say its because of some of my mods? even tho ive had these all on here for a long time and now it just started doing it.
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

o well, its at ford now, I hope they dont screw me over too much.... lol
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

have them just tell you whats wrong with it and then fix it yourself.

P.S. i was talking about the main hose not the little hoses that come off the main intake hose.

[ June 25, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you might have a clogged fuel injector and/or a clogged fuel filter. What was the last time you changed your fuel filter.

--------------------
Support our troops!

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

they just called me, they are saying its the plug wires.... i guess this could b it, and would be an easy fix, but what if its not, theyre prolly gonna charge me even more to fuckin check it again! [Mad]
i changed my fuel filter in oct or nov...

o yeah also, they want $195 for plug wires plus labor lmfao!! im coo wit that, thats somethin i can do hella easily

[ June 25, 2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: ELdiablo97 ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com