Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my fox is running rough.wtf?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my fox is running rough.wtf?
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah last night when i got home the car was making a loud clakin noise under the hood.
first thing was i check the oil(3/4of a qt.low)
then i checked my plugs and header bolts for tightness.no probs there.i later pulled the passenger side valve cover to see if there was any obvious damage...none...
and today i put the car up on jack stands
to see where the noise is coming from...it seems to be coming from the driver side header or perhaps a loose rocker on the driver side head..
one thing i did notice was that the passenger side muffler had a little white smoke comming out
the sound the best way i can describe it is like a exhaust leak..
i have no idea what it can be? [Frown]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When your car is running if you feel the top of the valve cover do you feel is vibrating more than the other side?

Also while the car is still cool, but running put your hand all around the heads, see if you can feel air. Don't forget there is a smog pipe that runs from the back sides of both of your heads to a pipe on the passenger side. Mine leaks from the hole on the passenger side/back side of the head, you have to put your hand behind the head to feel it.

Good luck..

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
driver side exhaust leak!verified!
what about the passerger side muffler coughing up a lil'white smoke? [Confused]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
mike g
¯
Member # 2919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g  Ford pictures for mike g    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was the car cold(ie hadn't been out driving) before you saw that? does the smoke still come out even after the car has been driven for alittle bit? if so that sounds like your headgasket, but it could just be the condensation inside your mufflers if you hadn't driven it and it was still cold. But check your engine oil and see if its a milky color or like chunky oil sticking to the dipstick.

--------------------
FOUR EYED PRIDE!!!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com