Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » long tube header install please help.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: long tube header install please help.
2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fstfru  Ford pictures for 2fstfru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put on the long tubes this weekend and I have a problem the driver side front smog piping does not match to the header it is way off. What can I do about it? Fat exhaust leak and sounds nasty. [Mad] Does any body know where I can get someone to cut and bend the piping to match it to the header?

--------------------
SPEED KILLS!....Drive a Chevy live FOREVER!

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What headers did you go with? are you talking about the smog tube that goes from the header to the intake? You should of installed that when the motoe is out. You will need to bring the motor half way out and it should wotk. Unless it bend or somthing. Good luck.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck it go to orchard and get a plug
just plugb the fucker
the car should run fine

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fstfru  Ford pictures for 2fstfru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's fixed I went to orchard and bought some copper tubes and made it. I just hope it will hold up with the heat if it doesn't then i'll plug it up.
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2fstfru:
It's fixed I went to orchard and bought some copper tubes and made it. I just hope it will hold up with the heat if it doesn't then i'll plug it up.

cool shit
so youll be runing this saturday huh

just buy some plugs just incase you melt the tube

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

yeah i'll go to orchard after work and get the plugs just in case ,so It will be ready to run it. What time are you guys leaving on saturday?

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

we leave at 1pm

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

alright give me a call an hour before or where do you want to meet up at?

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

fucker I dont have your number
we goin to meet at my houe at 1245 and leave from their

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

i'll private message you my #.

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

same to you buddy lol

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:
same to you buddy lol

Hey, did you get the car running? If so, what time is your dyno at APEX? I am trying to figure out if I am want to go up early or not. [burnout]

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

1995 Dinan M3 Avus Blue Metallic
1967 GT Mustang Fastback (Eleanor)

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

Posts: 346 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com