Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » URGENT!!! '97 SALEEN HOOD LATCH PROBLEM, NEED TO FIX ASAP PLEASE HELP!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT!!! '97 SALEEN HOOD LATCH PROBLEM, NEED TO FIX ASAP PLEASE HELP!!!
Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush97  Ford pictures for Roush97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a Saleen heat extractor hood for my '97 GT. The fit is nice and I have no complaints there. The hood latches on the first latch. When I go to close the hood the second latch that locks it in place will not latch over the inside of the hood. Is this a common problem? I need to figure out the problem ASAP! I have already tried adjusting the stops that control the height of the hood and I have tried to adjust the latch itself but it only moves a little if at all. Please I need some help!!! Thanks in advance.

--------------------
FS: 1997 Roush Stage 1 GT; 03 cobra engine, T56, and IRS. 415rwhp, 445rwtq----SOLD

Posts: 292 | From: Bay Area California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting I have a 96 Saleen s281 with the hood and its perfect, I've never heard of that, is it the Authenic hood from Saleen? My friend has a 97 wth the hood and no problems?? is there something missing?

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you may need to space the hood latch (part on the hood) down abit if the secondary wont catch.

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Roush3
¯
Member # 2638

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Roush3  Ford pictures for Roush3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think its the latch its the mechanic [Cool]

--------------------
2002 Roush stage 3

Roush3
¯
Member # 2638

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush3  Ford pictures for Roush3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never mine lyou got it [BS flag]

--------------------
2002 Roush stage 3

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com