Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Noise with caster camber plates?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Noise with caster camber plates?
mineralgrey3.8
¯
Member # 920

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for mineralgrey3.8  Ford pictures for mineralgrey3.8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put in an Eibach pro kit in my 2002 mustang about 6 months ago. In the last month when ever I go over small bumps or potholes there is a noise that sounds like my front right strut is blown. So today I went down to Ford to have them check up on the struts because they would replace them under warrantee. But after 2 hours of labor they found out that it was my caster camber plates that were making the noise. I was wondering what in my Ford Racing caster camber kit could be causing this noise and how can I fix it?

--------------------
eibach pro-kit
Flowmaster Y-pipe
Magnaflow true duel exhaust
PIAA Ultra White reverse lights
PIAA Fog lights
Steeda caster camber plates
K&N air filter
FRPP Bullitt black corral

Posts: 43 | From: Danville,Ca | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TOPnotch
¯
Member # 1340

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOPnotch  Ford pictures for TOPnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had some mm camber caster plates and they started making noise. The adj for the caster came loose and when I came to a stop or took off the left front strut would make a pop sound. [patriot]

--------------------
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten!!!

1QWKCHP
1QWKDRP

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine also make noise when driving around. everything is tightened down. my left front also makes a loud pop when getting on the brakes hard, oh well i've just learned to deal with it

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plates are loose, they do that often.

--------------------
Support our troops!

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your cc plates probably need to be shimed....The Steeda ones I have come with different shims because of the different length of different struts....I would check to see if you have to shim your cc plates...Make sure that you have the correct alignment specs and that the bolts, especially the top strut bolts, are all tight!...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com