Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cracked Windshield...Help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cracked Windshield...Help!
Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys, I've been driving with a cracked windshield for a while, mostly because I can't afford to get it replaced for $300 (or whatever it costs). Was hoping someone here knew where I could get a good deal on one. Thanks!

Teddy

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call around ghetto shops. They didn't speak english, but had the cheapest price when I was looking for a replacement.
jay-vee
¯
Member # 2708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay-vee  Ford pictures for jay-vee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check out the place by the san jose flea market, next to the pick-n-pull, I think they charged like $150 for a suburban and they do it while you wait
ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you goto a pick and pull you can get one for like 10 bux or something really cheap...but then you gotta put it on...its really easy to do..

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was looking at it, looks like you pull out the moulding and just pop out the windshield, but what about installing the new one.

Didn't someone here just recently replace their windshield?

Teddy / Nick

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
jay-vee
¯
Member # 2708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay-vee  Ford pictures for jay-vee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, you need to take the mouldings off, and cut the windshield out. you will need a windshield knife to cut out the glass. professional shops that pull glass all day will not guarantee that they can pull a windshield without breaking it, just keep that in mind before you go to pick-n-pull and try to get a used windshield.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com