Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help !

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help !
cobra99
¯
Member # 2356

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra99  Ford pictures for cobra99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i have a 99 cobra and in mainly 2nd gear around 3000rpm's+ the engine is spluttering, feels like not enough gas is getting to the car, but i took it to ford and they ran there diagnostics and said everything was fine and it wasnt the clutch .. anyone have anyidea what the problem could be. i ran injector cleaner through and still seems to have the problem.

--------------------
'03 10th anniv black cobra convert
steeda tri ax shifter
magnaflow catback
18in chrome adr wheels
tint

Posts: 209 | From: san luis obispo, san jose is my hometown though | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plugs/wires? MAF? Vacuum leak? EGR?
JK
¯
Member # 2701

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JK  Ford pictures for JK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with st5150. Look at the EGR. Disconnect the vacuum hose from the EGR and plug the hose. and take it for a drive. If the problem goes away it is the EGR. If so you might want to investigate the EGR part numbers used on your particular application and try using one that has a smaller orfice. If the above is done you will need to make sure you can still smog the car.

--------------------
JK

cobra99
¯
Member # 2356

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra99  Ford pictures for cobra99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you know if this would have come up when the dealer did a diagnostic on it. im almost inclined not to touch it because of the warranty.

--------------------
'03 10th anniv black cobra convert
steeda tri ax shifter
magnaflow catback
18in chrome adr wheels
tint

Posts: 209 | From: san luis obispo, san jose is my hometown though | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com