Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel block off plate???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel block off plate???
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone explain this to me? I have heard this is a primitive method and want to know what is the substitute for the block off plate? [patriot]

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

1995 Dinan M3 Avus Blue Metallic
1967 GT Mustang Fastback (Eleanor)

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

Posts: 346 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you're talking about the timing chain cover. Non EFI cars had a mechanical fuel pump that attached to the side of the cover and was later blocked off for EFI cars.
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what about in a picture like this of my engine, I have a carbed motor and the fuel blocked off. Now I now I am either going to use an inline or intank pump, but why would the fuel come from the timing cover? Return line or something?

-

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

1995 Dinan M3 Avus Blue Metallic
1967 GT Mustang Fastback (Eleanor)

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

Posts: 346 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuel from the timing cover? [Confused]

Talk to some carb guys, there are a few different ways you can run an electric fuel pump on a carb'd car.

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
either i am reading the post wrong (probably), or the spot near the timing cover is where the mechanical fuel pump would go if thats what u where using since that is what ur car originally came with (it is hear because the fuel pump is directly driven by the motor), i am guessing i sound stupid but whatever

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JK
¯
Member # 2701

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JK  Ford pictures for JK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a EFI timming cover that does not have fuel pump mounting boss. If you would like it. Better then a block off plate one less place to leak oil. $20 for the timming cover and that will include a new seal.

--------------------
JK

JK
¯
Member # 2701

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JK  Ford pictures for JK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for $50.00 dollars I will polish it for you. That is what I do.

--------------------
JK

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CustomFastbackCA:
Can anyone explain this to me? I have heard this is a primitive method and want to know what is the substitute for the block off plate? [patriot]

Primitave? Well, then so are pushrods! [Big Grin] The block off plate you have looks fine to me, I wouldn't sweat it. Your electric fuel pump is more likely to fail than the plate.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com