Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » timing adjuster install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: timing adjuster install
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im planning on putting in my steeda timing adjuster next weekend and was wondering what setting to put it at. I run 91 octane chevron or 76 gas, i have a set of denso iridiums in the mail to be put in, and my superchip is getting recalibrated next week. I was thinking id be able to run the full 15 degrees and if there was any ping have superchips compensate for it when they reburn the chip. Anyone think this will work fine?

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're getting a custom/reburnt chip then just advance timing via the chip and save the timing adjuster money for other modifications [burnout]
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowAss01:
im planning on putting in my steeda timing adjuster next weekend and was wondering what setting to put it at. I run 91 octane chevron or 76 gas, i have a set of denso iridiums in the mail to be put in, and my superchip is getting recalibrated next week. I was thinking id be able to run the full 15 degrees and if there was any ping have superchips compensate for it when they reburn the chip. Anyone think this will work fine?

chip tune + timing adjusters= broken motor
see the chip already advances the timing on you car so if you get a chiped burned then add a timing adjuster well You will be ading to much timing to your car wich will blow a head gasket or even worse break a piston
hope that helps

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree! All timing should be done with a chip. We do tons of dyno tuning at our facility, so email or call me for more recommendations.
With mail-order chips, all they're doing is guessing at what you need. When we tune your car, it's with the gas that YOU use, YOUR car on our dyno, air temperature/humidity from OUR area, etc. You can get any more dialed in than that! [Cool]

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:
I agree! All timing should be done with a chip. We do tons of dyno tuning at our facility, so email or call me for more recommendations.
With mail-order chips, all they're doing is guessing at what you need. When we tune your car, it's with the gas that YOU use, YOUR car on our dyno, air temperature/humidity from OUR area, etc. You can get any more dialed in than that! [Cool]

I am looking to buy a chip and you guys tune it, but when should i do this mod...im planning on putting some more bolt ons soon, should i wait till i get those on or just go with the chip first.

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sicc98GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:

I am looking to buy a chip and you guys tune it, but when should i do this mod...im planning on putting some more bolt ons soon, should i wait till i get those on or just go with the chip first.
wait to you have all your mods that way you get the best tune for what you have

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be at Apex soon enough for my tune [patriot]

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BILL AT APEX..... IM INTERESTED IN A FLIP CHIP...DO YOU HAVE THEM? AND CAN YOU DYNO TUNE MY CAR? I HAVE THE FOLLOWING MODS...NX WET KIT 100 SHOT, 3.73.'S, CAI, BORLA MUFFLERS, AND SOON TO HAVE MAC PROCHAMBER. HOW MUCH TO BURN CHIP? [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Update im not getting the chip reprogrammed. Dont have enough money to pay waht superchips want. I think im just gunna go with the the t/a and the denso's and do that till i can afford a chip. Bill pm me with the price for a chip from apex. Plus dont u have like a month long waiting list? I wanna get my car up for sale by then.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com