Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Convertible roll bar...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Convertible roll bar...
mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike22ca  Ford pictures for mike22ca    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to get a convertible roll bar for my 2000 v6 stang. I got reamed at the track today for running with it. Is there any roll bars that you guys recommend? It would be nice to get a bolt on one, so I can take that shit out for the season when I'm done with it...they are so damn ugly!
Posts: 303 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mike22ca:
they are so damn ugly!

WTF are you talking about?!?!?!?

Rollbars look bad ass in 'verts and the other benefit of a rollbar is that rice won't rev on a Mustang with a rollbar [Big Grin]

As far as the safety issue goes, do you really want to trust your life with a bolt-in rollbar?

The above statement in entirely my own opinion, fell free to have a different opinion.

I got mine from Wolfe Racecraft, top notch high quality kit that fits *almost* perfect (the stock seats are a bit wide and rub the door bars)
I think Maximum Motorsports makes a "bolt-in" kit, but I'm not sure if it's NHRA legal.

Good Luck
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a bad a$$ looking and asume quality check out Maier Racing Enterprises and Talk to Mike Maier. I build cages for 4x4 and hot rods and I am thinking of having them do my GT. If you can avoit it stay away from bolt-in's. Mike can do what ever you want and 90% of his work is on stangs. They are at 2215 Meekland Avenue Ave in Hayward Ca # (510) 581-7600 Tell him Kevin w/ 91gt sent you.

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike22ca  Ford pictures for mike22ca    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rokcrln:
If you want a bad a$$ looking and asume quality check out Maier Racing Enterprises and Talk to Mike Maier. I build cages for 4x4 and hot rods and I am thinking of having them do my GT. If you can avoit it stay away from bolt-in's. Mike can do what ever you want and 90% of his work is on stangs. They are at 2215 Meekland Avenue Ave in Hayward Ca # (510) 581-7600 Tell him Kevin w/ 91gt sent you.

Would they happen to have a website that you know of?
Posts: 303 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check Steeda they 4 point and 6 point Bolt ins that are way easy to install I have one in my vert and I could take it out in 30 minutes. But I am going to weld one in for the same reason as above....Safety is #1 its you life and you don't know when the car in the other lane is going to slide, hit you and then flip you at 100+mph. Have a good one welded in if you going to race that is just my idea. but steeda is good for bolt ins I believe they are Autopower...

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maier is working on their site as we speak but I am getting a copy of their photo disk on friday so I will load it and be able to sent shots of cages people are interested in. And as above said you never know what will happen on the road! I built my last bronco cage and figured I may lay it over on the rubicon some day but I built it with 100mph rolls in mind. Then the day came and it was 35mph off a 30' drop then end over end. $21,000 in damage to a 1971 bronco and me and my bro-inlaw just had sore necks from the ordeal!! Go strong and go perminent. With a vert you can get a bad ass cage and have it powered coated so you could eat off it!! Bolt ins are like strap ons their for woman!! Just my $21,000 and 2 lifes later Cents worth.

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:
Check Steeda they 4 point and 6 point Bolt ins that are way easy to install I have one in my vert and I could take it out in 30 minutes. But I am going to weld one in for the same reason as above....Safety is #1 its you life and you don't know when the car in the other lane is going to slide, hit you and then flip you at 100+mph. Have a good one welded in if you going to race that is just my idea. but steeda is good for bolt ins I believe they are Autopower...

Steeda is the shit and their customer service is tight as fuck too! I got the 4 point hatchback rollbar and AUTOPOWER does make them for Steeda. Nice stuff and I know for a fact that Autopower is a great cage company.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mike22ca:
quote:
Originally posted by rokcrln:

Would they happen to have a website that you know of?
http://www.maierracing.com/

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://community.webshots.com/album/54862747cERCmi
we are installing a 6 point roll bar in our Cobra convert. check out the pics at the link above.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

89mustang
¯
Member # 1362

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89mustang  Ford pictures for 89mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where are you located at maier racing in hayward i think will put one it for 600 i believe, but its powdercoated and welded to the frame, i have a vert also and am definetly gunna get a roll bar for 2 reasons one they look freaking sick! and because i was the saftey of it and i have to agree with some of the other guys who posted here if you roll you'll certainly wish you had that shit welded to your frame
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maier Racing in Hayward will do a custom job and work with you to not make it look "gay". Take it to them, everything they do is custom and different stuff to fit every car's needs. Check out what they've won, and you'll see why they're the best at what they do. [worship] Byt the way they are also a MM dealer too [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com