Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » header install...car supposed to get quieter?? :(

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: header install...car supposed to get quieter?? :(
punkrawkdude99
¯
Member # 2427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for punkrawkdude99  Ford pictures for punkrawkdude99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i installed bbk chrome headers in my 87 5.0 this weekend...took me about 2 hours.....pretty easy install with air tools....i thought the passenger side was going to be hard....hahhhahhahaha.....was i ever fucking taken for surprise...that was cake once you got everything out of the way...the driver side was all but impossible cause of the room and need for swivels on the ratchet....i noticed one thing and i am wondering if i did something...the car got alot quieter i think....i cant tell cause i never test decible levels....however none of the shit in the car rattles anymore....it use to have this really sweet deep bassy tone and would make change and just about everything in the car rattle...it was deep.....now it lost all the deepness and it sounds like a higher pitch sound but alot more aggressive....i do have to admit i love the addition...iot looks very nice and the lower rpm ranges kick ass now....i also install underdrive pullies....and when i took apart the circulator thing that the smog pump hhoks into i noticed that it had melted and rusted itself shut....i cut off the rust and opened it back up....this is the top one that goes around to the other side of the engine...not the one that is underneath and goes down to the cats....what does this do...would unclogging this cause the car to run more smoother and alot quieter?? the pipe to the cats is disconnected anyhow....any help or comments would be appreciated....thanks..Mike
Posts: 34 | From: Northridge, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
punkrawkdude99
¯
Member # 2427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for punkrawkdude99  Ford pictures for punkrawkdude99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone?
Posts: 34 | From: Northridge, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com