Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Damper weights?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Damper weights?
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a short block that i want to rebuild with out taking any parts off of my motor in my car. How do I find out what weight damper and fly wheel I need. 28 or 50 oz. do they just have to match or is the crank what determines the weigth?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you find a short block/rotating assembly from a old 28oz 302 or something?
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a complete short block minus damper and fly wheel. I dont know if I can just buy matching weight parts and it would be ok or do I have to match the parts to what the crank is supposed to be weighted to.
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Anybody have any info?
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should be a 50 oz, not a 28.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

90LX
¯
Member # 1487

I am new to the ford game so I didnt know if the 50's and 28's came in the same year motors. So is it the 28's are for earlier motors and the 50's are for the newer ones. When a say earlier I mean 60's and 70's motors. To many numbers!
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You pretty much got it right. 5.O's came with 50oz's.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com