Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » hesistation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hesistation
punkrawkdude99
¯
Member # 2427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for punkrawkdude99  Ford pictures for punkrawkdude99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for some reason in first and second gear my car like bogs down and hesistates like the transmiss is fucked or something....i just got a new clutch...so it's not that...it was doing this before...it like will kick in and knock you in the back of the seat and just rip.....3rd 4th and 5th dont do this...if you hit second at a higher rpm it wont do this either...thinking transmission related...also the car likes to rev up and down when it is cold....like it has a racing cam....however it doesnt....thought this might be vacuum hose related....checked the pcv..seemed fine....it went away for a bit after i changed the fuel filter....but is starting to come back....maybe dirty fuel line??when the car is warm it doesnt do that....thanks...Mike
Posts: 34 | From: Northridge, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check for codes, could be anything, clean out your EGR behind the TB, and probably the IAB first.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

punkrawkdude99
¯
Member # 2427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for punkrawkdude99  Ford pictures for punkrawkdude99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forgot to mention it's an 87.....speed density...dunno if that factors in at all....
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my cobra did that for a while, i had a problem with the o2 sensors, would bog real bad if i lugged it, i would have to pull off the road and hold it at 5000rpm for about 5-10 sec (so much fun with straight pipes), replace the o2's, might just be that easy [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any mods?

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

1995 Dinan M3 Avus Blue Metallic
1967 GT Mustang Fastback (Eleanor)

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

Posts: 346 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
punkrawkdude99
¯
Member # 2427

no mods to speak off.....unless flowmasters count....the engine is completely stock....timing is advanced to 13 degrees btdc.....i have a Ford Motor sport king cobra clutch and a B&M short shifter...it might be the EGR or something related to that...i need to do some more reading...i just dont know where to start...im not all that mechanically inclined....i can change the shocks and struts and brakes and oil....put in mufflers and short shifters...or even the clutch.....but the fucking emissions parts just baffle the living hell out of me....ohhh and O2 sensors were just changed about 7 or 8 months ago....that's how i passed smog [Smile]

[ February 07, 2003, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: punkrawkdude99 ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about your plugs and wires?
punkrawkdude99
¯
Member # 2427

pulled em all out....none looked bad....all gapped correctly at 50...wires are like 6 months old too....the blue ford motor sport ones....injectors might be an issue....when i put in that fuel injector cleaner it didnt do that...but one tank later it's doing it again
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Run the injector balance test. It can reveal a bad injector, plug, wire, ring, valve, ect.
punkrawkdude99
¯
Member # 2427

turns out it was the vacuum hoses attached to the upper intake/plenum and the gasket between the upper and lower needed to be replaced too....computer spit back no codes....

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com