Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Combo Question:

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Combo Question:
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be ordering my heads, 1.6 rr's Cam, Intake, 75 Pro MAF w/ 24lb inj's very soon and would like to know which size AFR's to go with. I plan on leaving the block stock for now since it's forged and runs pretty hard. What size heads as well as intake and cam should I go with?

I want atleast 300-330 rwhp to the ground all motor.

Not to mention I will be blown so I need a combo good enough to run hard naturally aspirated but at the same time respond well to a supercharger in the very near future...

Posts: 1496 | From: san jose, ca. usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well arf165 would work with your short block if you go 185 you will need to notch the pistons
Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:
well arf165 would work with your short block if you go 185 you will need to notch the pistons

No notches here, the only notches here would be the one's in our club! [Big Grin] [burnout]

[ February 03, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: richard90stang ]

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL hhaha real funny

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:
LOL hhaha real funny

[Eek!] [dance] [Cool]
SBSblk50
¯
Member # 2194

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SBSblk50  Ford pictures for SBSblk50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a richard you still want the engine stand and cherry picker? hit me up later trying to get rid of it. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
:SOUTHBAYSTANGS:
www.southbaystangs.com

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Originally posted by krazy-stang:
a richard you still want the engine stand and cherry picker? hit me up later trying to get rid of it. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

how much you want for them

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

I want it for sure I'll pick it up on tuesday cause I have school today! Thanks I'll take it for sure! Thank you! thanks yoU! It's mine, it's mine! Hold it for me. Plus I also have the GT trunklid at home incase you ever need another trunklid.
SBSblk50
¯
Member # 2194

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SBSblk50  Ford pictures for SBSblk50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
alright cool. [Big Grin] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
:SOUTHBAYSTANGS:
www.southbaystangs.com

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

quote:
Originally posted by krazy-stang:
alright cool. [Big Grin] [burnout] [burnout]

Thanks luck dawg! Hey you think it will all fit in a truck. or do you think i'll have to make 2 trips?
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have your heart set on AFR's? Have you thought about TFS wedge heads and a TFS street intake. I ran a stock block with the above parts and a TFS stage 1 and got great power from it n/a. Now I have the same heads and intake with different cam and a blower and got 466rwhp. Can you tell I am trying to promote TF. I had a friend who got a DSS pro bullet with AFR's and a cobra intake, all new shit and only saw 266 at the wheels. Not to impressive for the setup that he had. Good luck! Post if you have more ?'s.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TF/AFR/edelbrock/Windsor jr/sr heads and many more would all probably meet your requirements.

Don't forget compression. Some milling may/will be necessary to meet the upper end of your 300-330 rwhp goal, especially on a well loved 302.

I don't know but I *think* my TFS TW, home stage 0.5 porting, typhoon (performer rpm) home 0.5 porting, and Anderson N-41 cam (222/230 @0.05) is within 10 HP either side of 300 to the wheels. Not much compression here either, possibly as low as 8.5:1, but I'll fix that probably this summer with some milling, hopefully my cam will let me run 10:1 without interference, that will be a nice ~15 hp or so gain.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it all comes down to if you're willing to sacrafice a little NA performance for better boost performance or vise versa. Either way, TFS TW's are proven to work well in solid 12 second NA cars or solid 9 second boosted cars around here.
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

What do the TFS wedge heads go for $$$ These don't require to notch my pistons right? Will 1.6 rr's work with these heads if so what size cam with the 1.6's?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com