Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Injector Question!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Injector Question!
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be running the Edelbrock 1.90 valve heads with minor porting and edelbrock performer manifold with either a E303 or TFS cam. Also I want to put 100-150 shot of nitrous on it. What size injectors should I run? Oh the short block is standard 302 not a stroker or anything like that. Thanks for anh advice.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u are also running an intake (u didnt list but i will suppose ur are duh), go wit the 24# if the nitrous kit is wet, or 30# if the nitrous kit is dry, go with bigger injectors for the dry kit because the extra fuel goes through the injectors, i have 24#'s on my cobra with a systemax 2 kit, that kit has a little more power than ur i think, my injectors keeo the air fuel ratio at about 14:1 all the way until redline, if i may, get the zex nitrous dry kit, its fuckin awesome

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just go with 30lbs so you have room to grow. Remember to get a MAF to match those injectors as well.

--------------------
Support our troops!

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only problem with that is that he will be so rich down low he will have no low end torque, my friend has a 351 lx, puting over 425hp to the crank, and is running over 24#ers without a problem

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree. I ran heads/intake/stock cam w/ 1.7's on the 19's and ran 109.45mph with only 44psi fuel pressure. Just upgrade the pump and use the adj. F/P regulator and the 24's will be plenty. You may find it even runs best w/ less than stock F/P (~39psi). Trust me...

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
if u are also running an intake (u didnt list but i will suppose ur are duh), go wit the 24# if the nitrous kit is wet, or 30# if the nitrous kit is dry, go with bigger injectors for the dry kit because the extra fuel goes through the injectors, i have 24#'s on my cobra with a systemax 2 kit, that kit has a little more power than ur i think, my injectors keeo the air fuel ratio at about 14:1 all the way until redline, if i may, get the zex nitrous dry kit, its fuckin awesome

I will be using a performer Intake. I was looking at the ZEX kit because of the ease of installationand the fact it uses the TPS for activation but then I saw that NX express. They offered a wet kit up to 150 where as the ZEX is only 125 dry.
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90LX:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:

I will be using a performer Intake. I was looking at the ZEX kit because of the ease of installationand the fact it uses the TPS for activation but then I saw that NX express. They offered a wet kit up to 150 where as the ZEX is only 125 dry.
Have you ever thought about Holley's NOSzle nitrous kit? They offer anywhere from 75 to 300 shot of nitrous, and its a wet kit also.
 -
This way, you could use 24 lb injectors, and still be spraying a 300 shot of nitrous if you desired. This is what I would use if I were to buy nitrous. The only problem is, this nitrous kit is a little bit more expensive then some of the others. Just take a look at it, and see if you like it. Either way(whether you get this kit or another) your car will be running pretty fast! [burnout]

Josh

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90LX:
I will be running the Edelbrock 1.90 valve heads with minor porting and edelbrock performer manifold with either a E303 or TFS cam. Also I want to put 100-150 shot of nitrous on it. What size injectors should I run? Oh the short block is standard 302 not a stroker or anything like that. Thanks for anh advice.

Will you be running a wet or dry kit? Will you get a custom chip/dyno tune?
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Iwould like to run a wet kit but people seem tp like the dry ZEX kit I am waiting to hear feed back about the NX express we kit. I also would get a chip if that would pull a few mor HP with the NOS.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
30's will be to much. Use 24's [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
mustangcam302
¯
Member # 2315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangcam302  Ford pictures for mustangcam302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If u are goin with an alphabet cam, i would actually run the F cam, tend to be a bit more N20 friendly.
Posts: 163 | From: San Diego CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com