Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » T-5 trann y question? is this a problem or am i worrying over nothing?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: T-5 trann y question? is this a problem or am i worrying over nothing?
Mustangfiv0
¯
Member # 2231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustangfiv0  Ford pictures for Mustangfiv0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
today when i was driving my car i noticed something, in 1st and 2nd gear, when i put the car in geat, the stick shift is tight, but in 3rd and 4th gear, i can wobble the stick alittle, right and left, but in 5th gear the stick is stiff agone, it only wobbls in 3rd and fourth. is this a problem?? the car still shifts perfect thorugh all the gears. [Confused]

--------------------
Hp cost money, How much are you willing to spend???
http://www.geocities.com/supra1on1/mycar.html

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T5's aren't really a problem unless you get "grinding" when you shift properly with the clutch, when you hear "rattling" noises inside the tranny, when you can't shift into one or more gears to save your life, and... when it 'pops' out of gear on you when you're driving around.

Most people seem to think T5's develop a "death howl" around the time they are exiting this world too.

not that I would know or anything. I've seriously never blown up a T5 but I did have one that grinded a bit and maybe "howled" a little at me. (repeated powershifts and mis-shifts).

anyways, sounds like a good tranny you got there. This isn't your girlfriend's civic you're driving you know [Big Grin]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com