Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » BBK fierwall adjuster help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BBK fierwall adjuster help
Mustangfiv0
¯
Member # 2231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustangfiv0  Ford pictures for Mustangfiv0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have the bbk fier wall adjuster on my car, and my clutch was slipping, so i adjusted the fier wall adjuster, and the clutch does not slip as much as it did, i adjusted it like 2 turns, am i suppost to now adjust the pedal also?? I love how the stiff ness feeling has came back to my clutch pedal, was 2 turns too much?? the clutch is abought 7 months old, i think it was slipping due to an oil leak, and some oil got into the clutch area.

--------------------
Hp cost money, How much are you willing to spend???
http://www.geocities.com/supra1on1/mycar.html

Mustangfiv0
¯
Member # 2231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustangfiv0  Ford pictures for Mustangfiv0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fire* sorry abought the spelling just woke up

--------------------
Hp cost money, How much are you willing to spend???
http://www.geocities.com/supra1on1/mycar.html

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you haven't changed anything else about your clutch cable then lift up on the clutch pedal, or pull back whatever, and that will adjust your pedal. But a slipping clutch isn't your cables fault if you have replaced it. Time for a new clutch!

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How far off the floor does your clutch engage?..Did you buy the kit W/ cable & quadrant?... Check the clutch fork and cable under the car... When you are NOT pressing the pedal there should be at least 1/8th of an inch of slack between the fork and the end of the cable(The more slack the higher the pedal has to go for the clutch to engage)...Hope I could Help

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com