Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Serious Elec. question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Serious Elec. question
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Replaced a kenwood deck in my car with another radio...the ground, power, remote were cut at the same time. Apparently it grounded out quite a bit..cuz a lot of shieot doesn't work...here is the list:

Map lights, dome light, windows, door locks, keyless entry, make-up light and lastly..my speedo doesn't work. Now I have checked the fuses (all of them) and they are all cool. Could I have blown a relay or something? Also, when u hit my door lock button...hahaha..my turn signals come on!! PLS help me...this is on the 98 cobra...thanks

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sorry, LMAO, it's got to be a fuse or a fusible link. I don't think the interior is on a relay. (no offense, but LMAO, that sucks!) [worship]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I'm sorry, LMAO, it's got to be a fuse or a fusible link. I don't think the interior is on a relay. (no offense, but LMAO, that sucks!) [worship]

definate LMAO....I checked all of the fuses under the dash..and in the engine compartment...a fusible link? where else would those be?

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everything on the radio (except maybe the constant power to keep the pre-sets stored) is on a fuse, so it would blow long before the fuseable link.

Are you sure you accurately checked the fuses? Sometimes they can blow, but not look blown at first glance. You really need to test them with an OHM meter.

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Everything on the radio (except maybe the constant power to keep the pre-sets stored) is on a fuse, so it would blow long before the fuseable link.

Are you sure you accurately checked the fuses? Sometimes they can blow, but not look blown at first glance. You really need to test them with an OHM meter.

Well i didn't check with an ohm meter..but pulled every single fuse out and checked them. What confuses me is the oddness of what ISN'T working...and why when i hit my door lock button, my damn turn signals work??! [Mad]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com