Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » BBK longtube questions,,,PLEASE HELP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BBK longtube questions,,,PLEASE HELP
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how the hell do you unbolt the H pipe from the headers when the cat gets in the way of a socket wrench??? i cant evet get a regular wrench on there because the the fucking flange gets in the way. I got one side but cant get the other. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
use a swivel and some extensions
and patience [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Rev Happy
¯
Member # 661

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rev Happy  Ford pictures for Rev Happy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which side? The Passenger? Problems on getting to the whole side in general or just one of the two bolts? Not sure about a shorty H, but when taking off my stock H-pipe, I had to use a long ass extension (15 inch) with a swivel connected to the socket to even get to the top passenger side header bolt... I know STOKED has BBK Longtubes with a shorty (O/R though) Might want to try to PM him since he has some pretty good experience in dealing with the LTs...
Posts: 182 | From: Southern California | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
Crows foot?

Good idea. I need an 18mm but i only got 17, 19. fuck guess ill try the 19mm

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just put on an off road h on a 2000 GT and getting the stock h pipe off was a MAJOR BITCH. Actually, just the passenger side. I used a swivel extension and a crows foot in junction with a breaker bar (Small one!) because the ratchet head where it swivels is waaay to big like you said. It is a very slow process but it can be done!

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

that wont work i think i need a flex box. anybody got an 18mm flex box i can borrow??

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

TOPnotch
¯
Member # 1340

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOPnotch  Ford pictures for TOPnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gotm the perfect fix.Step 1) You take a torch 2) cut the cats off 3) run fast and throw them in a near by dumpster 4) and never think twice about it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten!!!

1QWKCHP
1QWKDRP

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

quote:
Originally posted by TOPnotch:
I gotm the perfect fix.Step 1) You take a torch 2) cut the cats off 3) run fast and throw them in a near by dumpster 4) and never think twice about it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

i could give a fuck about the cats i just dont have th emoneey to take it to an exhaust place. ill cut the cats off and stuff em up yur ass for all i care

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

TOPnotch
¯
Member # 1340

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOPnotch  Ford pictures for TOPnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's coo if there going up NE ones ass its gona be yours [Big Grin] [dance] It was just a joke dawg no need to get upset. I just got this thing about smog
(I hate it) [Mad]

--------------------
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten!!!

1QWKCHP
1QWKDRP

whitecobra
¯
Member # 555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitecobra  Ford pictures for whitecobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HAHAHA

--------------------
98COBRA
"holy shit"

Posts: 205 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

quote:
Originally posted by TOPnotch:
It's coo if there going up NE ones ass its gona be yours [Big Grin] [dance] It was just a joke dawg no need to get upset. I just got this thing about smog
(I hate it) [Mad]

Its all good. I was pretty drunk when i wrote that. With my drunken anger i got off the third bolt and this morning pulled off the last one. All it took was some penetrant and some big ass vice grips.(along with for or five hours and countless beers)

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope you were not drunk when you were trying to take your headers off [Eek!]
That could have been your problem [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

no, just drunk taking the midpipe off [Big Grin]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

9SVTerror8
¯
Member # 2180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9SVTerror8  Ford pictures for 9SVTerror8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drinkin and workin on a car...always adds to the fun

i guess its better than drinkin and driving...

[ December 19, 2002, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: SwayracingSVT ]

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT

"I thought you said he was a getaway driver? What the f*ck can he get away from!"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com