Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » More tips for you racers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: More tips for you racers
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been asked to post some more info so here I go.lol Today I want to address overcorrecting the car when it gets loose. This happens to alot of people and i want to address some things so that next time you won't get your nice car into the wall.

If you carry the front tires even an inch off the ground, you can't steer it. If you're cruising down the track, banging the gears, and the car begins to drift just a little bit to the left, you are subconsciously turning the wheel to the right to correct it. You don't even know you've turned the wheel a half a turn until the front tires set down and the car goes crazy. It's not like the driver overcorrected; it's just that your mind and eyes are telling you to turn the wheel, so you do, even though they aren't on the ground. The next thing you know, they (the front tires) hit the ground and the back end wants to come around on you. Now your probably asking how you correct this problem? Here's how.

Lift. If i carry the front tires like i'm talking about and I begin to drift, if I go too far with it, I crash. Hindsight sucks in this sport. People may see me abort a run that from the outside, doesn't look that bad. But I know that sometimes, it just isn't going to be good. So I let it go and wait until the next qualifying run or load it up early and get ready for the next race. Hope these help.

--------------------
Recently Acquired!! 68 Camaro Outlaw 10.5

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT. Come on guys i wanna here some opinions on this. I'm posting this stuff to help you guys. [patriot]

--------------------
Recently Acquired!! 68 Camaro Outlaw 10.5

nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have never lifted my tired off the ground but thats some good information. Thanks Ill keep it in mind if I ever lift my tires off the ground.

Scott

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i was always told if your car spins out on the street the best thing to do is keep in it (Situation) making a left turn you go into second your foot hits the gas before you know it your car sliding down the street sidways what do most people do brake, but ive heard to stay in the gas and you will come back around i haven't looped a car since i was 19 so this has never happen to me but my reaction now would be to stay in the gas see what happen's. Griggs suspension is a big factor in my car noit sliding around to much. What everyones opinon.

[ November 22, 2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: gR40coupe ]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you ever get in a situation where you are about to loop it just tap that brake and it will starighten right out.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 91sleeper:
If you ever get in a situation where you are about to loop it just tap that brake and it will starighten right out.[/QUOT

situation is in second gear your car has gone over its limits just to come back you have no time to think cause your gonna be into a curb, so do you

A.lock the brakes and have a chance to loose the little control you still have, then the car goes where ever it wants

B. your idea cat tap the brake as you car goes flying into a curb, with hopes your car gonna come back around.

C. grab your face as your slamming your cobra r rims tnto a curb

D. Hit the gas and spin your car a 360 almost
like a donut. And go on as you were.
[Big Grin]

[ November 24, 2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: gR40coupe ]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i learned to drive by playing gran taurismo 2 on my playstation, it's quite realistic....

or was it grand theft auto....... [Big Grin]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"It's amazing how much you can pick up off espn, there coverage is excelent!"-Days of Thunder Tom Cruise [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

yeah im starting to get the balls to slide my car around turns, one of my boys can drive badass wish i could post videos on the net. Him getting on the freeway sideways is always fun to whatch [Eek!]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Andy are you talking about Tim?

--------------------
Support our troops!

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man u keep on the gas and hot u get traction tahts what you do [Smile] o and u stick ur head out the window so you look cooler [Smile]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
o and u stick ur head out the window so you look cooler

LMFAO!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ November 25, 2002, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Blown Mystic ]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
Andy are you talking about Tim?

no my boy steve you don't know him.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com