Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SN-95 5.0 guys: How do you remove your PS pump/pulley

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SN-95 5.0 guys: How do you remove your PS pump/pulley
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The final bolt is kinda shrouded by the PS pulley to remove the driver side front cover bracket assembly which holds the PS and the A/C?

I've tried the three jawed puller from Sears (just bought it), and it doesn't quite seem to do the job? I can get a open ended wrench on it from the side, but that's it, all I can do is round the bolt a little, I need to get a full socket on it to get it off (all the bolts are kinda frozen in place, requires a lot of force to back off).

thanks for any help. If I continue to have problems I will simply bend the PS pulley a little, and ham the closed end of a 9/16 wrench on it and power it off. I'm trying to avoid warping my pulley though. Thanks

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont know. I tried to when I had my motor out but it was a bitch as I can see it is for you to. Have you gotten it off by now, if and when you do let us know how.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont give up hope yet! my friend had a cam and heads put on his sn-95 5.0 and he ran into the same problem. he found a tool at atool rental shop that helped him remove it with ease. give me a day or so to call him to find out were he got this special tool. the shop owner was so cool that he didnt even charge him for the rental !

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shade it takes a powersteering pulley puller. the 3 jaw puller will not work

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3 jaw puller will work but you need to be persistant. I have taken off numerous ones with that same puller from a Pep/Kragen type of place.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

twelveflat
¯
Member # 875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twelveflat  Ford pictures for twelveflat    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a dedicated puller to remove those. As mentioned above, a three jaw will only cause more problems for you. I'm sure at Autozone or whatever parts house is near you will have a power steering pulley puller. The one I have is from snap-on.

--------------------
Thanks
Dan

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thks guys, (all of you) I 'perciate it [Big Grin]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com