Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » PI head/intake install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: PI head/intake install
dave96gt
Member # 2033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave96gt  Ford pictures for dave96gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi,

I'm a new member (in Sacramento). I was wondering if anyone could either help me with or recommend a person who can do the pi head/intake upgrade on a stock 1996 gt (in N. California). I would of course like to pay the person(s) helping me.

Thanks,

Dave

--------------------
1996 aode all stock

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to take it to a shop, HCI will install it for you and is local.
dave96gt
Member # 2033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave96gt  Ford pictures for dave96gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks...

ST5150, I'm not aware of what HCI stands for or where there are located - could you please help me out?

Thanks,

Dave

--------------------
1996 aode all stock

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think T Top Terror can do it. i remember him saying something about wantin to do a bunch of side jobs. hes local (roseville), try getting his attention, he knows his shit. im not sure if he still is doing side jobs though [Confused]

[ October 28, 2002, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: cobraman1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HCI- Hamilton Clarke Industries located in McClellan Air Force Base.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JT's Performance. They located in Sacramento, back yard of Sacramento Mustang. Call 916-972-1334, talk to Larry.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew WOT:
JT's Performance. They located in Sacramento, back yard of Sacramento Mustang. Call 916-972-1334, talk to Larry.

I'd avoid JT's. John's a bonehead. I do higher quality work in my garage.
Seriously....I have many stories of cars coming out of there....Including my own.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
dave96gt
Member # 2033

Thanks for all of the tips - especially you 93Pony - I've had other people tell me likewise, although I like the store and location.

I'll get a few quotes at the suggested shops. Thanks again.

--------------------
1996 aode all stock

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are the heads already freshened up & assembled?
I belive the cam gears must be pressed on to the cams.

I can lend a hand, probably have all the tools needed, including a degree wheel to get the cams installed correctly. I've never tackled an SOHC head swap, although I can build a 302 in my sleep.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
dave96gt
Member # 2033

Thanks 93Pony! I appreciate the offer. Yes, the heads are assembled, with the cams. I pretty much have all of the tools (I think - all standard and metric), and a garage. I'll still get quotes from the shops, just to see what I'm up against.

Also I'll try to find out a little more of how different a SOHC swap is as opposed to a "in the block cam" head/intake swap - I've also done those. This just looks like a nightmare with how little space there is in the engine bay with the wide 4.6. I'll pm you when I find out the difficulty and tricks involved.

Regards,

Dave

--------------------
1996 aode all stock

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am right with PONY93 Avoid JTs not a good place to take your car. I was very dissapointed with some work done on my girlfriends car.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com