Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what can this crank take?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what can this crank take?
66MaN
¯
Member # 1976

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66MaN  Ford pictures for 66MaN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the input- Next question tho- how much power can the crank take. I am trying to build a pretty tough 5.0 motor with mostly stock parts. Well maybe just the block, crank, and head castings. I want to get it built and put in then later on as i get done with the tranny and rear end move back to the engine. once again thanks for all the help.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The block is often the limiting factor on 5.O's, rarely the crank. If you're keeping the stock heads, you'll be fine with the stock short block. As far as I know, 10.1@134 mph is the fastest anyone has gone with a ported stock headed 5.O. He had the trustworthy Vortech S trim and aftercooler on it and it stayed together.
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't spin the stock crank past 6,000

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats ur name 66man and what do you drive i see ur from livermore????

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sic91blackgt:
whats ur name 66man and what do you drive i see ur from livermore????

Wow, you are the smartest man alive [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahahhaah stfu kevin [Smile]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i Have a friend thats running over 500 hundred on the stock block and it has over 20,000 miles on it and its held together wouldn't recommend without at least a main support.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com