Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » manual doors to power doors??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: manual doors to power doors??
koderville
Member # 1818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for koderville  Ford pictures for koderville    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any body know how hard is the swap and what other parts do i need. Thanks any info(pro or con) would help. The doors are 90 power and the car 89 manul lx.
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you trying to add a door with power winows and locks vs a factory door with nothing?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

koderville
Member # 1818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for koderville  Ford pictures for koderville    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes.........
the door has power windows/power locks(90 door)
to a 89 notchback that do'nt have power locks/power windows....any info would help........thanks........
also go GIANTS!!!!!

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit I imagine it would be pretty difficult, to wire up. Not only would you have to run 8 wires in for the windows and know how to wire them up correctly you would also need power, ground, and wiring up of some realys for the door locks that your car is not even equiped with.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unless you are good at wiring I wouldn't attempt it have fun running the wires through the dash and the door jams they don't just plug in . you can take it to good stereo shops but they will still butchor up your wiring. I suggest leave it alone and if you must have them sell your car and buy another.
Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
koderville
Member # 1818

thanks for the info guys!!!!
89lx
¯
Member # 1703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89lx  Ford pictures for 89lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally, I'd check the wiring in the doors. As I recall, the wires are all there, but there may be an extension from a connector in the center of the door to the power lock solenoid. If this is true, you just need to get the right extension harness (which would be on the '90 door. Next, I'd run to the local library and get a copy of the wiring diagram. Very helpful for stuff like this. This will allow you to check for the wire colors.

If you have to install the wiring, it all depends on how good with wiring you are. I'd do it, but I installed a factory alarm into a tbird (relay's, wiring, keypad on the door) without even a second thought. I had to cut several wires and crip/solder them back together. I used heat shrink tubing to insulate them. This is the type of thing you may run into. But first, check your existing door to see if there any connectors floating around in them.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com