Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best plugs,wires, and coil packs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best plugs,wires, and coil packs
arron
¯
Member # 1941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arron  Ford pictures for arron    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok guys my cobra isnt realy hittin its stride beacuase im havin to shift at 5500 the tach just slows down dramaticly after that so im replacing all that stuff give me details at what to buy im new at this. used to the old 5.0

--------------------
4.10 gears
hurst shifter
wms 87mm kit
mac H-pipe

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
autozone? (get in the zone? [Razz] )
anything with a lifetime warranty, lol.

[ October 11, 2002, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear a miss in my exhaust what is it/ New spark plugs? Thanks sorry to interrupt your thread.

Scott

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So let me get this straight. That puffing random puffing sound is a miss. Who woulda figured. My car runs 104mph in the quater all day long and idles with this puff. Revs to the sky too. Did you or yur friends have problems top end with this puffing sound, cause mine doesn't. My car feels strong all the time. Just replaced the plugs 9k ago. With 34k on the ticker do you think I should replace my plugs???

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks 4 the reply.

My car has factory cobra mufflers with an off-road pipe. Not quite sure why it happens but it is random. Kind of like every couple of seconds. I probably should change my wires but I'm not sure if I need too.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
Well on the modular cobra motors it is pretty common that when you have a miss, its a good idea to check out your spark plugs and wires...

This was the case on two of my friends cars and well as mine... not really sure if it is the same with the 5.0s.....

On my car at idle it sounded fine then you could hear a "puff" out the tail pipe... even did this when I had no mufflers on it....

Hope that helps [patriot]

Holy crap-I have noticed that "puff" myself. I had the plugs replaced about 4k ago, and I noticed that the "puff" still hadn't gone away. It almost sounds like it misses every 10 seconds or so while I am at idle. Plus I notice that it seems I'm a bit down on power...What kind of wires did you replace your stock ones with?

Thanks for your reply! [worship]

Brad

[ October 13, 2002, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: blackcobra98 ]

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddys 98 cobra died out at above 5 grand to so we replaced the fuel filter and it was runnin like a raped ape!!!

Fuel filter [worship]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com