Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » CLEAR LIGHTS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CLEAR LIGHTS
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF, is this supposed to be easy? I bought a complete headlight set with clear corners, and half the bolts on the lights are hidden and under the fender and impossible to get to? how the fuck do they expect you to get these out?????
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bump need help, is there omething were missing?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think before you install clear corners or altezza's you have to taser yourself in the nuts. Didn't you get that with your kit ? No? I'm sure it was just an oversight. Here, I even have a taser you can borrow.... [Big Grin] [Razz]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for a serious answer, you'd be surprised what a 1/4 inch mini socket set can reach. They're like $20 at sears [Big Grin]
FoFF
¯
Member # 1717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoFF  Ford pictures for FoFF  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
post some pics of those when your done installing them. I wanna see what they look like. Thanks
Posts: 503 | From: Oakland, California | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hah, when im done installing them....thats a good one
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

people, this is virtually impossible. the two middle inside lights (closest to grill) have two bolts to losen. One on top (which we got), and one on the bottom (which is absolutely impossible). im clueless
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

shit, when i was doing this part of the radiator little grills were bent. is this a problem?
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PeNiNsula302:
shit, when i was doing this part of the radiator little grills were bent. is this a problem?

As long as you didn't poke the radiator(causing a leak), you are fine.

And, Im not sure what's so hard about installing the clear lights.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

well then dude maybe you can show me whats so easy, because to me being used to me 99+ lights just popping off from a few plastic pieces going to this where there is fucking 3 screws to one light and its impossible to work your hand around the ones deep in, it just seems hard [Confused] [Confused] . Update is i got all the original lights off, and im not sure if i myself can put the new ones on.
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you had lights, I'd tell you to come down here...but by now, it's a lil dark to drive without lights.

--------------------
Ross
'17 GT350R

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

where do you live, san mateo?
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

You have a PM

--------------------
Ross
'17 GT350R

nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did my clear light headset the bottom ones you have to get on your back under the car to reach them. Its VERY hard if not impossible to reach at least 4 of those nuts from the above the engine bay. Drive on up to Chico Ill do it =)

Scott

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go buy a set of "Gear wrenches".
I can get the all 6 lights out of the front of mine in less than 5 minutes

The wrenches have box ends and ratchet
You can get them at Napa auto parts

Good Luck
Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not to sound like a dick but anyone that can't change all the headlights with a 7/16" or 11mm craftsman open end wrench shouldn't be touching their car. I've done at least 7 sets with only one wrench.
Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

thanks to everyone who actually added something important. i guess i got a little frustrated and started posting once i hit trouble. the lights are in and look good.

88Conv- well you did sound like a dick so i guess that post was unsuccessful

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Sometimes it's best to step back from a project for a while. It's amazing how a simple project can turn into a huge chore when you get too worked up.

--------------------
Ross
'17 GT350R

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

blu50, check ur pm's [patriot]
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was right though wasn't I.... [worship]
Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com