Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5.0 Mustang PCV valve

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5.0 Mustang PCV valve
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanted to know if anyone can tell me exactly where the pcv valve is on a 90 5.0, also when the pcv valve is removed how do you take out the spark arestor
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
t
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the spark arrestor comes out by hand. Find the absolute rear, center of the upper intake, basically it's "in" the lower intake, at the far rear of it. Note the air-tube (a vacuum line) that goes to the upper intake. The PCV valve is "inline" in this airtube and pops in/out just with friction by hand.
spark arrestor sits all the way to the bottom. it's a mesh, and then the pcv valve sits on top of it.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

BIGJUNE
¯
Member # 1716

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for BIGJUNE  Ford pictures for BIGJUNE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the pcv valve is located in the back near the fire wall under the upper intake. its plugged to the lower intake on a grommet.good luck
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

ok i located the pcv valve and pulled it, not the spark arrestor looks like its clogged, what can having a clogged aresto do to car performance, and i tried sticking my finger in the hole to take it out and i cant, how would i remove it.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you talking about the wire mesh under the PVC valve? Find a long skinney screw. Screw it into the wire mesh and use a pair of pliers to pull the screw and wire mesh out. You can try cleaning it with carb cleaner, but if its hopeless, the Ford dealership sells new ones.
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

ok ill do that ill just buy a new one from ford, the part that sucks is that ill have to remove the upper intake cause theres hardly any room for me to reach down there. oh well
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never heard of anyone removing the upper intake to do anything PVC related. Sit up on the fender and you'll be fine.
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

ok ill try it but i had a really hard time getting my had down the hole where the spark arestor was, but i was thinking of replacing my valve cover gaskets so i might as well do it
biggmatt
¯
Member # 1124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmatt  Ford pictures for biggmatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
typical mustang [BS flag]
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah,
what does that do to the 5.0s performance???

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
yeah,
what does that do to the 5.0s performance???

A pluged up PVC valve will cause extra crank case pressure to build up. You can blow out gaskets this way (valve cover gaskets, ect)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com