Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need some help/pointers..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some help/pointers..
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here’s the brief low down. Ok I have a 96 Gt Vert with the stock 17’s 245/45/17 tires. The car is lowered by Eibach’s Sport lines. I was going to buy two new tires for the back. I went to American tires in San Jose and I do all the paper work…bla.bla.bla. The wheel tech guy goes out and checks my car before they take it in. He then calls me out to the car and asked me if I have seen the front tires. I say, “Yeah…there fine right?” He then asked me to feel the inner sidewall of the tires. There are parts of the tire were there is some excess ware and tare. I even felt some wire [Eek!] . I know that happens when you lowered your car but only after the car’s tires begin to” butterfly”. So I thought no big deal…my front hasn’t butterflyde yet.

Now my questions are as follows:

1. Will the rubbing problem get fix if I install the MM CC plates that I have under my bed?
2. The plates will only correct he “butter flying” right?
3. I want to get some 18’s later on the line, will there be any mods I need to make?
4. Should I just get some Eibachs progressive spring in order to raise the car up a little and hope that the rubbing will sis to exist?
5. Some new shock/struts should help as well right?

Thanks for the help guys
[patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If theres no obvious feathering/cupping of the tire on the middle or outside of the tread,then your toe is probably ok. Its most likely you camber thats jacked, so the caster/camber plates should take care of that. Either way, after you install the CC plates, you want to have it aligned, to make sure its all good
Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree.......cc plates and make sure it is aligned after you install them.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank for the advice guys. Do you guys think theres going to be any probs. after i get some 18's? I mean any rubbing or something. Thanks guys [worship]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com