Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Drive shaft bolt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Drive shaft bolt
MyV8Ponie
¯
Member # 1540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyV8Ponie  Ford pictures for MyV8Ponie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know how to put in a drive shaft bolt for a 88 gt mustang. I don't know how to do it and I was wondering if someone here could do it for me. You can email me @ kimojr3764@aol.com and let me know asap. Thanks

--------------------
(I love you girl)
RIP VANESSA CAMARILLO
AUGUST 30,1983-JULY 22, 2002

My stang is for sale
88 Gt Mustang 5.0
Mods: 8.8 Rear Axles

3,500 obo...No trades cash only.
Cell 510-306-6615
Email kimojr3764@aol.com

Posts: 146 | From: Bay Area Oakland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do you need to replace one bolt on the driveshaft?? Its only a bolt, has a 12mm head, but it has to be a 12 point wrench ( the box end of an open end wrench)

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
MyV8Ponie
¯
Member # 1540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyV8Ponie  Ford pictures for MyV8Ponie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Milesblown03:
Why do you need to replace one bolt on the driveshaft?? Its only a bolt, has a 12mm head, but it has to be a 12 point wrench ( the box end of an open end wrench)

One bolt isn't there that's why. I guess there are suppose to be 4 bolts in the driveshaft and I need to put one in. I just don't know how and I already have the bolt which I got from Ford. Do you think you can help?

--------------------
(I love you girl)
RIP VANESSA CAMARILLO
AUGUST 30,1983-JULY 22, 2002

My stang is for sale
88 Gt Mustang 5.0
Mods: 8.8 Rear Axles

3,500 obo...No trades cash only.
Cell 510-306-6615
Email kimojr3764@aol.com

Posts: 146 | From: Bay Area Oakland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you're kidding right dude? move the car in gear until you see it from underneath, get some lock-tite, and bolt the fucker down. If one's loose I'd worry about the other three. I forget the torque spec but 80 ft. lbs + lock-tite soudns right to me.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If 3 bolts are already in there, then everything should already be aligned. What's the problem?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BIGJUNE
¯
Member # 1716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGJUNE  Ford pictures for BIGJUNE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey bro. juz lift up the car from the rear and move the driveshaft to the position were you can put the bolt in . Make sure the car is in nuetral to move the shaft with your hand . Tighten the bolt using a 12mm box end wrench or socket.Use lock tight and check the other 3 while ur there. MAN if this don't work come down to Friendly Ford in San Jose and i'll help u out . late
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The spec is 50 ft/lbs and don't forget the loc-tite!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com