Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need a good speed shop in Southern Cali

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a good speed shop in Southern Cali
Vnomss1
Member # 1699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vnomss1  Ford pictures for Vnomss1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey,

I have been cruising this site for a while, and I just moved to San Diego and got here today. Problem is that I have a 94 Cobra, and I have a need for a new short block. Looking for like a low compression 306, and I need to know if there are any reputable Speed shops in the area. I don't want a hack to touch the car. Way too much invested! I would appricaite the help, and where abouts are you from South Cali? If anyone is close shoot me some information on where the scene is.

Thanks guys
Greg

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hawaii Racing is where I would go!
xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your in San Diego, JBA racing would be the place to go. They now do full installation on all Mustangs and have a reputation for being expert late model Mustangs. E-mail if you need the address.
stitch
¯
Member # 1522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stitch  Ford pictures for stitch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out Smokeys speed and machine in Oceanside or there is another place in Escondido. I can't remember the name of it. However, I have seen the owners mustang in MM&FF here not to long ago. He owns a Mustang specialty shop. I have the owners name and name of his place in my address book. I will get it and post it for you. If all else fails get with someone of Wicked Stangs (a mustang club in SD) and I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

Hope that is some help.

Posts: 1187 | From: Sunny SoCal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Vnomss1
Member # 1699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vnomss1  Ford pictures for Vnomss1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Appriciate the info. I went out today to Mission Valley. I'm part of SVTOA, and there was some show there, but when I got there, no one was there. I checked out Hawaii Racing and I'll look into the other shops. Hope all goes well. Thanks again. Yeah, if you could post that information that'd be great.

Greg

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com