Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my car is leaking!! please help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my car is leaking!! please help!
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
K, today I drove my car after a week or so (since I did not have tires until yesterday) hours after parking the car I notice some fluid on the floor. I am like oh men I have and oil leak! but no. its not oil. In fact, it feels like water!!its close to the oil pan, but does not seem to be oil.. I could not get under my car (too damn low) but I notice that there was some water/oil/coolant/water?? under my mom's new lancer too!!! it also started today! That does not seem to be oil either. I check her whole engine comportment and nothing, but every now and then something drips out off somewhere. the leaking is not from anywhere near the engine. In both cars it seems to be right in between the engine and the passenger compartment.
Any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated.
thank you
jersey

PD: do u think my warranty is still valid with the mods I have?? I have around 5k miles.

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes in both cars... the fluid i am loosing is transparent and not a dense as oil....it surprisingly feels just like whatever.
please anyone help me, otherwise i am not gonna be able to go to the santa cruz cruise, i jsut dont wanna be driving around and take a chanse of something breaking

--------------------
=(

z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont trip, I was from your a/c running. Nothing to
worry about.

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

thank god [worship] ..my mom was accussing me of having fucked her car up!!
i guess i'll see everyone on saturday! [Big Grin]
PD: thanks for ur help !!

--------------------
=(

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for sure just the A/C...my car does it all the time when I have it on full blast and it is hot outside.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha, when I first got mine charged and got out of the car I slammed the door and I heard a hissing noise...Is it normal for it to make a hissing noise?

I think it's from the water dripping on the headers. BTW i have an 87 GT

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That water dripping is coming from the heater core housing inside the passenger compartment behind the dash board. The heater core housing also contains the air conditioner evaporator (if the vehicle is equipped with a/c). Whenever the a/c is used, the cold freon circulating through the evaporator causes the warmer outside air to condense around the evaporator into water droplets. The water then drips off the evaporator to the bottom of the housing. The housing contains a drain that drains the water outside. Usually the drain is located above or near the exhaust which is why sometimes a hissing noise is heard as the water drains onto the hot exhaust.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com