Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » magnaflow vrs flowmaster

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: magnaflow vrs flowmaster
StangSpdstr
¯
Member # 1254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangSpdstr  Ford pictures for StangSpdstr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so what mufflers would be louder on my 00 V6? magnaflow or flowmaster?

--------------------
1997 Rio Red COBRA
FOR SALE :(
40 series flows

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flowmaster without a doubt. Magnapacks would be pretty loud though.

You want those pulleys???

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
StangSpdstr
¯
Member # 1254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangSpdstr  Ford pictures for StangSpdstr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oops i thought it was magnaflow o well, the pullies im not sure about cuz my paycheck wasnt as large as i thought it would be damn taxes!!!

--------------------
1997 Rio Red COBRA
40 series flows

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangspdstr:
oops i thought it was magnaflow o well, the pullies im not sure about cuz my paycheck wasnt as large as i thought it would be damn taxes!!!

Fucking taxes, my last paycheck was 610 before em, and 480 after...im sick of paying social security so that old people can buy cadillacs and then drive 15mph and annoy me, the hardworking fool who is paying for their sweet lifestyle.

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur car will be quiet with magnaflows
do something like mine if u want loud.

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Magna flows are pretty loud because they are glasspack mufflers, basically have a straight through tube with sound deadning material around the tube like a resonator.

Flowmaster mufflers have chambers of course and actually change the tone of the exhaust and actually make te exhaust note deeper with say 2 chamber or 3 chamber mufflers.

Flowmasters will defnatley sound nice and deep but magnaflows I believe will be louder.

--------------------
Support our troops!

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:
Magna flows are pretty loud because they are glasspack mufflers, basically have a straight through tube with sound deadning material around the tube like a resonator.

Flowmaster mufflers have chambers of course and actually change the tone of the exhaust and actually make te exhaust note deeper with say 2 chamber or 3 chamber mufflers.

Flowmasters will defnatley sound nice and deep but magnaflows I believe will be louder.

Flowmasters will be louder, especially if you go with the 1 chamber. Magnapacks will be pretty close to sound as the flows, but the regular magnaflows will be a little more quiet.

I heard a guys GT w/ magnapacks and it was about as loud as my GT with 2 chamber flows and x-pipe. Just my .02

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend's dad put magna's on his 00 v6 and when my car is on (has flowmasters) u can't even here his dads. but of course he doesn't have headers or an off-road H.

my friends' dad wanted more performance out of his muflers then sound... the guy at the muffler shop said to go with the magnas... i don't know if this is true or not but i'd take my flows over those magna's any day.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Magnaflows are louder than shit when you get on it but are quit when you are just idleing. In my other post I got the brands mixed up and was actually refering to the Dynomax Bullet mufflers.

Personally I would roll with the flowmasters they always sound good.

--------------------
Support our troops!

v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flows are the best sounding muffler for a v6. Borla is second, but if you want the v8 sound flows come the closest.

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

C55AMG
¯
Member # 1459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for C55AMG  Ford pictures for C55AMG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u want your car loud,,,...Get a V8
Posts: 47 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
StangSpdstr
¯
Member # 1254

seems like everytime i post summin bout performance options for my car there is some person who always says why bother w/ a v6 or get a GT!!!! what ever happened to its your car do what you want w/ it??? and im paying it off so im proud of my 6 banger!

--------------------
1997 Rio Red COBRA
40 series flows

C55AMG
¯
Member # 1459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for C55AMG  Ford pictures for C55AMG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mah bad... didnt mean to hurt ur feelings. ...

--------------------
04 Cobra

Posts: 47 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I have to say is.....BORLA!!!! I don't know about it for the 6's but on the 8's I think it is the best sound you can get with the bassani x-pipe to borla cat-back. They also provide more power than the magna or flows. That is why Saleen uses them = ). In my opinion flows are for people who just want there car to be lound and don't care about the performance or the actual sound....but that is just my opinion and I am sure there are those of you who would quickly disagree.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
I like to race
¯
Member # 1484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I like to race  Ford pictures for I like to race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i quickly dissagree
Posts: 87 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
= ) [Wink] [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [patriot]
Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya but borla = $$$$$

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
alan_a
Member # 1663

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alan_a  Ford pictures for alan_a  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes] Anyone heard of Jardine? I got a Doug Thorley Cat-Back system and it came with Jardine stainless steel packed mufflers. I had the 2 chamber flow-masters before that with all stock pipes. They installed it for me and added 3 1/2" Jardine chrome tips. Believe it or not it was all free and sounds better than the flowmasters. I do feel more power than with the flows. It is all mandrel bent 2 1/2" tubes. Check out their web site at www.thorleyheaders.com and if you have a 94' or 95' check out the catback systems and they will give you one. I don't know how many but their are no strings attached and it is yours to keep. I did not pay a cent. Dropped it off at 8:00 am thurs. and picked it up at 6:00 pm fri. Let me know if you want to see the tips and I can post a pic.... Alan
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruBlueGT02  Ford pictures for TruBlueGT02  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That is why Saleen uses them = ).
not to mention the Cobra R [Big Grin]

- [worship] [worship] [patriot] [patriot]

(i heart graemlins and coffee)

--------------------
[img]http://home.inreach.com/mmckague/trubluegt02.gif[/img]
------------
1-7-01: The best day of my life. Forever.

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I disagree as well, My flow only rob 1-2 horses compared to a straight through muffler and I am sure that does not hurt my times too bad!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
borla is not worth the money,way too quiet in my opinion

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com