Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » bottle question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bottle question
1LETHALSVT
Member # 1541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1LETHALSVT  Ford pictures for 1LETHALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a 98 cobra and want to sqeeze a 50 to 100 shot, what kind of upgardes do i got to do to the car to handle it
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NOTHING! If you use a nitrous express kit, you can SAFELY add up to 150 hp without adding anything to your mustang. The kit will come with everything necessary to make the kit work properly, and safely, and give you the REAR WHEEL HP they claim. Upgrades will help, but again, not at all necessary.

[ July 21, 2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: customN2O ]

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NOTHING! If you use a nitrous express kit, you can SAFELY add up to 150 hp without adding anything to your mustang. The kit will come with everything necessary to make the kit work properly, and safely, and give you the REAR WHEEL HP they claim. Upgrades will help, but again, not at all necessary.
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Safer? Not sure anyone could answer that one. Both can be destructive if not handled correctly, but yes, the motor can live with n2o for a long time. You have to look at as how much TOTAL hp the motor makes(that includes with the nitrous). How long can a 600hp motor live, compared to a 300 hp motor. See what Im saying? The power adder alone isnt necessarily the problem in the motor. Its the actual hp that the motor makes, that takes its toll on parts, all things working correctly that is. There is alot more on this topic as you can expect, but to answer your question, YES, I thin nitrous is as safe as a blower, but they both can be disastrous as well.

--------------------

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Safer? Not sure anyone could answer that one. Both can be destructive if not handled correctly, but yes, the motor can live with n2o for a long time. You have to look at as how much TOTAL hp the motor makes(that includes with the nitrous). How long can a 600hp motor live, compared to a 300 hp motor. See what Im saying? The power adder alone isnt necessarily the problem in the motor. Its the actual hp that the motor makes, that takes its toll on parts, all things working correctly that is. There is alot more on this topic as you can expect, but to answer your question, YES, I thin nitrous is as safe as a blower, but they both can be disastrous as well.

he's right nitros can be just as safe as a blower, if you get a dyno tune its evem more safer... [patriot]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nitrous sorry
Tim
¯
Member # 1467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim  Ford pictures for Tim    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should be just fine up to about a 100 shot but after that, u might want to consider some work. As far as the difference in life between a blower or Nitrous, the blower is gonna make the motor last longer. Depending on how big of shot though. If you only are considering 100 shot, go with nitrous. Kit can be pretty inexpensive as compared to blowers

--------------------
'90_5.0_Guy18

Posts: 100 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

i ran a nitrous and blower how many engines have i jack up

nitrous 0 150 shot
blower 1 8lbs

but i feel the blower gives you way more power, @ least for me it did

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stoked - you make some interesting points, however your comparison seems a little bit innacurate. Although the blower is always "on" it's not always producing boost. I'm not flaming at all, but if you've ever driven a blown car (at least with a stock cam) you dont really see any boost untill you get past around 3k at WOT. Depending on how hard you drive the car, you don't use that much boost that often.
It's pretty hard to compare the two, because i think almost all engine blow ups with power adders are due to either driver retardation or poor tunes.
Hope this made sense

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

The biggest problem with a blower is HEAT, and the stress put on the crank snout. Other then that, the HP figures that you guys are talking about, should last 100,000 miles with no problems, considering you arent detonating all the time. Again, its all in the tune up.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com