Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Transgo shift kit (question)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Transgo shift kit (question)
STALLION98GT
¯
Member # 867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STALLION98GT  Ford pictures for STALLION98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 98 gt aode. Im going to get a transgo shift kit, but I know there three diff. kinds of settings..I want to put it on highest setting. I want to know how is the shifting on the highest setting? also is there a big dif. between 2 and the 3rd setting. another thing is since I have an auto [Roll Eyes] should I go with 4.10's or 3.73's ...?????
Posts: 711 | From: San jose (east) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
BUCK_FIFTY
¯
Member # 728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUCK_FIFTY  Ford pictures for BUCK_FIFTY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guy,where are you getting your chift kid installed and for how much? I have had one sitting in my closet for the past 2 years and don't know of any place that can do a quality job for a good price?

--------------------
"Funny how cheap ass people have money to do it right the second time, haha!"

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Golden Gate Transmissions
Pleasanton, Ca

The thing is most shops wont install parts that you have. Most places you have to buy the kit from them as well as having it installed there. i think he does it for around $400 that includes buying the kit and instlation.

If you arnt going to put it in yourself you might want to sell the shift kit to someone else because most shops wont install it for you.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com