Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help just installed cl meter got problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help just installed cl meter got problems
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
installed a used cl 80 meter for my 2000gt car idles really rough driving it and it shut down on me then i stepped on it on the freeway and smoke came out of the exhaust car also smeeled really weird guy said it was off his bullit mustang so i figure the sample tubes is right for 19lb injectors what do i do car runs like shit

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eric did you disconnect the battery? If not give that a try and then go drive the car around for a while.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I installed the meter on my car and everything is working fine. The idle starts high sometimes but goes down after a few seconds. If you didn't, you really need to reset your computer. Do this by unplugging the battery (negative terminal is usually the easiest) and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then put it back on. The computer should take about a tanks worth of gas to set back up for your driving style and modifications.

- adam cate
Saleen 00-925

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I installed the meter on my car and everything is working fine. The idle starts high sometimes but goes down after a few seconds. If you didn't, you really need to reset your computer. Do this by unplugging the battery (negative terminal is usually the easiest) and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then put it back on. The computer should take about a tanks worth of gas to set back up for your driving style and modifications.

- adam cate
Saleen 00-925

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well ireset the battery still runs like shit i think my air fuel mixture is off could the densecharger be causing this i had a cl meter before never gave me any problems but i had the stock pipe from mass air to throttle body.Car just dies im gonna put the stock piping back on if that doesn't help then cl meter coming off

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by e-dogg:
well ireset the battery still runs like shit i think my air fuel mixture is off could the densecharger be causing this i had a cl meter before never gave me any problems but i had the stock pipe from mass air to throttle body.Car just dies im gonna put the stock piping back on if that doesn't help then cl meter coming off

What's up man. I got the C&L 80 on my GT, and the reps at C&L said DO NOT combine the C&L kit with any other cold air kits. They warned me of the problems you're having. I think it's cause of your densecharger. try installing the C&L kit as it came and see what happens.

You coming to howies this week?

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i took the densecharger off and it still did the same thing.I found the problem though i got the blue sample tube and i need the black sample tube the blue one is for 96-98 gt's 99-01 is black so i ordered a black sample tube from cl

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com