Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What should my times be with my combo

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What should my times be with my combo
moponys
¯
Member # 1370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moponys  Ford pictures for moponys    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to Sac a few weeks back and had terrible times above 15 seconds...

Before going I had put a full bottle of NOS octane boost in gas tank which was only 1/2 full.
I also didn't have the 2500 converter added to my chip yet. Could either of these been the reason
for my crappy times. [Confused]

--------------------
94 GT convertable:TFS twisted wedge heads, TFS street intake, Lunati cam .500/.510 218/226, BBK FPR, BBK shorties, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm, ASP pulleys, FRPP 3:73, Transgo shiftkit, Flowmasters, Bassani x-pipe, K&N CAI, FRPP 1.6 roller rockers, 9mm wires,24lbs injectors,190lph fuel pump, MSD cap and rotor, 18" wheels w/street tires, Dyno Tuned AutoLogic chip From Byron, Trickflow phenolic spacer, 180* Thermostat, 2500 converter.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like some serious tuning is in order. That combo should haul ass. Not like I should be talking though.

I have a 2700-2800 lb. '93 coupe with TFS heads, a custom cam, and a performer RPM intake and all the usual bolt-ons. I couldn't get above 102-106 mph in the traps, when it should be good for 112-115 if not a little more.

My problem was a bad plug wire, so my times were from running on 7 cylinders. Perhaps you have something as severe.

Normally the first thing I'd do after a head swap would be a compression test to verfiy the valves are at least sealing properly (you didn't overtighten the rockers, in other words).

sounds like a solid 12 second combo if not low 12's.

what were your 60', 1/8 mph and 1/4 mph? If you're getting at least 105 mph in the traps, it may be about right, with a little room for improvement. [worship]

edit: didn't see the custom chip. I'd pull it and see if things didn't improve. Not exactly uncommon for those things to cause more harm than good.

[ June 05, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Octane booster won't help with your combo. What were your MPH like? A heavy AOD SN95 with that setup should be able to run at least 105+ MPH trap speeds.
moponys
¯
Member # 1370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moponys  Ford pictures for moponys    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know what you said about the custom chip...well after I pulled it out to have the converter added and once I had a new tank of gas, the car did seem to run a lot better. I'm gonna try to go up to Sac on the 28th and run with and with out the chip and hopefully I can at least get some low 13s.

I'm not sure about the 1/8 mile times but my best 1/4 for the day was at 89 with a 60' time of 2.1...I was pretty embarrassed. [Frown]

--------------------
94 GT convertable:TFS twisted wedge heads, TFS street intake, Lunati cam .500/.510 218/226, BBK FPR, BBK shorties, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm, ASP pulleys, FRPP 3:73, Transgo shiftkit, Flowmasters, Bassani x-pipe, K&N CAI, FRPP 1.6 roller rockers, 9mm wires,24lbs injectors,190lph fuel pump, MSD cap and rotor, 18" wheels w/street tires, Dyno Tuned AutoLogic chip From Byron, Trickflow phenolic spacer, 180* Thermostat, 2500 converter.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com