Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Shift Kit Install???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shift Kit Install???
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to Golden Gate Transmission in Pleasanton and they quatted me $525 for a Trans Go Shift Kit install, thats everything. Is that a good price?

If anyone has every installed a Trans Go shift kit? If so i would rather have someone on the Board do it so they could make some extra cash. Post back for prices if you can do it for me thanks...

--------------------
Support our troops!

slow&poor
¯
Member # 961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow&poor  Ford pictures for slow&poor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't give anyone money to do it!! I just did one on my car and it way really easy. The video included make it very easy to do once you have the parts off the car. Just go slow and always check the video if you aren't sure about something. Make sure you have all day and keep track of all the parts. It was one of the first thing I did to my car by myself and I thougt it was easy and well worth it. Post if you need anymore help.

--------------------
1992 Mustang GT: Stolen 4/23/03

1993 Mustang GT:
Performance:
AFR 165 pedestal mount 60cc heads, Crane 1.7 Roller Rockers, FRPP EFI Valve Covers, Cobra Intake Manifold, BBK 3/8 Phenolic Spacer, FMS 65mm TB, C&L 76mm Mass Air Meter, BBK Fenderwell Cold Air Intake, BBK 1 5/8" Jet-Hot Shorty Headers, Bassani 2.5" X-Pipe w/ Cats, FMS 3.73 Ring and Pinion Gears, Flowmaster 2 Chamber Mufflers, BBK Aluminum Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Supercooler, PA Full Manual Valve body w/ Trans Brake, TCI Street Fighter Lock up Converter, PA Performance 3G Alternator, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, Kirban Billet Fuel Pressure regulator, Hurst Quarter Stick
Handling:
MM Standard Length Subframe connectors, MM 4 Point K-Member Brace, MM Strut Tower Brace, Saleen Progressive Rate Lowering Springs, Koni Yellow Shocks, Pro3i Street/Strip LCA's w/ weight jackers
Performance:
*13.27 seconds ¼ mile time
*104mph traps

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow&poor:
Don't give anyone money to do it!! I just did one on my car and it way really easy. The video included make it very easy to do once you have the parts off the car. Just go slow and always check the video if you aren't sure about something. Make sure you have all day and keep track of all the parts. It was one of the first thing I did to my car by myself and I thougt it was easy and well worth it. Post if you need anymore help.

But did u do a Trans Go install or a B&M install cause Trans Go are harder i have heard because u actually drill in the valve body. Plus you have an AODE tranny and myne is an AOD so it might be a lil differnt. Thanks for the opionion though.

--------------------
Support our troops!

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll save you a little time and head ache!!!

If you have gears go ahead and drill out the three to four shift valve.. Especially if you have gears 373's like me... My car would not hold third it kept shifting into OD with out me doing it... Tansgo will have the proper size hole you will have to drill.....

The install is easy done be scared... I never did one and I did it... Do it in a very clean area and take your time!! Follow the video..

A better shop then that is in Dixon there is a Tranny shop there that does good work cheap.. They will probable in install it for you for 200 or under if you really want to pay...GOOD LUCK!!! IKE

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
slow&poor
¯
Member # 961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow&poor  Ford pictures for slow&poor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did a trango shift kit and I have and AOD tranny. I thought the same thing when I was ordering it, but the AODE in 1992 was for the Thunderbird (I think). Drilling the valve body was the hardest part because you have to try and get yours to match the video. I think there is little room for error here, otherwise they would have made it more precise on where to drill.

--------------------
1992 Mustang GT: Stolen 4/23/03

1993 Mustang GT:
Performance:
AFR 165 pedestal mount 60cc heads, Crane 1.7 Roller Rockers, FRPP EFI Valve Covers, Cobra Intake Manifold, BBK 3/8 Phenolic Spacer, FMS 65mm TB, C&L 76mm Mass Air Meter, BBK Fenderwell Cold Air Intake, BBK 1 5/8" Jet-Hot Shorty Headers, Bassani 2.5" X-Pipe w/ Cats, FMS 3.73 Ring and Pinion Gears, Flowmaster 2 Chamber Mufflers, BBK Aluminum Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Supercooler, PA Full Manual Valve body w/ Trans Brake, TCI Street Fighter Lock up Converter, PA Performance 3G Alternator, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, Kirban Billet Fuel Pressure regulator, Hurst Quarter Stick
Handling:
MM Standard Length Subframe connectors, MM 4 Point K-Member Brace, MM Strut Tower Brace, Saleen Progressive Rate Lowering Springs, Koni Yellow Shocks, Pro3i Street/Strip LCA's w/ weight jackers
Performance:
*13.27 seconds ¼ mile time
*104mph traps

sic91sleeper
¯
Member # 1029

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for sic91sleeper  Ford pictures for sic91sleeper    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so who would like to install the kit for me when i get it and how much would you charge me?? I want to learn how to do it at the same time but want someone that has done it before there in case i fuck up.
Thanks a lot for everyones help.

Rickster
¯
Member # 962

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rickster  Ford pictures for Rickster  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just ordered a TG kit for my AOD last night. I will also be installing an A+ OD servo and 2" band at the same time........Yep, I'm a newbie too!

Good luck!

--------------------
1965 ACCobra Replica (FFR MKll)
w/ 1992 LX convert. running gear

Planning ahead for that midlife crissis!

Posts: 131 | From: Cedar Ridge | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com