Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 01 Gt Modded ran 14.5! wtf??????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 01 Gt Modded ran 14.5! wtf??????
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Today i took my 2001 gt auto to sears point and i ran a 14.5! wtf!!!! here are my mods. Mac offroad x pipe, cold air intake, k&N filter in the engine mass air style, and flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers with turndowns. my traction wasnt that bad at all and i ran a 14.554, 14.513, 14.513. the heat was 92degrees could that had had a significant factor on the quarter mile time? i know mustangs run a lot better cold. The 98 cobra project car 2001 gt ran a 14.30 stock, and i took off the right headlight like on the website, no difference really. is it my parts combo, the heat or what? e mai me at yride16@aol.com if u have an ideas,experience with this, or make a post, thanks a lot!
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were you in it all the way through the lights at the end of the track?

What 60 ft times where you pullin?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The heat probably knocked you down a tenth or so.
Track prep is a big variable too.
If your car is an automatic, those are another tick slower than a 5 speed.

Usually, all one needs to focus on is the 60' to get great ET's.

A great 60' on regular street radials is 2.0 to 2.1, and with that I'd expect a stock 99+ GT to be running high 13's.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was in it all the way through ran with and without traction control, no real difference, 2.2's was my 0-60's consistently,any ideas?
1SLWGT
¯
Member # 926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWGT  Ford pictures for 1SLWGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got an Auto 99 GT and the lowest I could run was a 14.506 all i got done is a K&N Filter, lowered, and 1 chamber flows. I ranged 2.1 for my 60' times. But my friend in a 5Spd 92' GT with U/D Pullies ran a 14.4, i was surprised to learn that car was faster.
Posts: 32 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What were your trap speeds?
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLWGT:
I got an Auto 99 GT and the lowest I could run was a 14.506 all i got done is a K&N Filter, lowered, and 1 chamber flows. I ranged 2.1 for my 60' times. But my friend in a 5Spd 92' GT with U/D Pullies ran a 14.4, i was surprised to learn that car was faster.

I ran the time in my sig with pullies, shifter, and my mufflers (I still had the factory headers and h-pipe on at that time). This was on 225-60-15 street tires too, so they can be fast. You'll see much better times with a better 60 foot.

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
1SLWGT
¯
Member # 926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWGT  Ford pictures for 1SLWGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine were all about 93-94
Posts: 32 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Brian:
I ran the time in my sig with pullies, shifter, and my mufflers (I still had the factory headers and h-pipe on at that time). This was on 225-60-15 street tires too, so they can be fast. You'll see much better times with a better 60 foot.

and, if I'm not mistaken, with a density altitude of between -1500 and -2000 feet! (cold winter air).
Conditions wed were probably +2500 feet.
Kind of the equivalent of comparing a sea level run to one in Denver. [Razz]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well your mods arnt exactly speeed adding mods i must say...they will help but not extensivly...i must say its allll in the lights

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by y2kgt01:
[QB]Today i took my 2001 gt auto to sears point and i ran a 14.5! wtf!!!! QB]

Was it your first time at the track? My first run 15 years ago with my '85, I ran mid-high 15s. After going back week after week, I was running mid 14s with no mods except for an aftermarket air cleaner. I'm not suggesting you're going to be able to take a full second of your time, but it takes practice to get the launch just right. And, in the words of Tony DeFeo "The average Mustang does not have a traction problem, the average driver does"

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
erccobra
¯
Member # 1112

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erccobra  Ford pictures for erccobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the other guy is right it takes practice ,,also you dont really have much control over it being automatic

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com